ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Boxer96

Old-Salt
Sam has just seen a Hare for the first time.
20220504_071151.jpg

wheel

LE
Our rescue hound Cassie has come into her first season. The wife has gone into maternal mode and is clucking around her like an old hen. Much to my amusement she got what can only be described as period pants bribed Cassie with some grub and put them on. I took a photo because I knew that the minute the grub had been scoffed the pants would get ripped off. Ah well another tenner down the drain
90A73BB3-D9FA-46FD-AA1A-550A3B8363F8.jpeg

Snigger how stupid do you look girl

It's been just a year since I lost my girl but walking the same paths without her turns me into a jelly.

View attachment 662586
You're not alone, NB. I have two recent death anniversaries in May and it's rough. There are a couple of places I can't bring myself to walk anymore.

I console myself with the thought that when I am an old woman I will have a whole hunting pack of spirit hounds with me everywhere I go. So far there's five of them.

Ritch

LE
Kato sounds like a true patriot and a bit of a Thomas Jefferson walt.

For verrily, 'the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants'.

:twisted:

I might actually be making progress. I was given half a cow leg to throw in to his enclosure and I was only given a "Don't come any closer, peasant" growl instead of a "COME CLOSER AND I'LL END YOU!" threat.

I'm determined to be friends with him before I come home... Or travel back in a coffin.

Sit with him, be quiet and talk to him so he gets used to your voice and your scent.

type42

Old-Salt
I might actually be making progress. I was given half a cow leg to throw in to his enclosure and I was only given a "Don't come any closer, peasant" growl instead of a "COME CLOSER AND I'LL END YOU!" threat.

I'm determined to be friends with him before I come home... Or travel back in a coffin.
We want a photo of Kato, this thread needs a mascot!

You have my sympathy, I know that horrible feeling.

Yes, dear old Muttley has been done nearly five months and sometimes it seems like yesterday.

Ritch

LE
Sit with him, be quiet and talk to him so he gets used to your voice and your scent.

That's what I'm planning on. He's a barn dog. He doesn't like being in the house, so I've been going out and just getting a little closer and talking about random stuff in a soft, soothing South Yorkshire accent. (It makes the ladies weak at the knees so I figure it might work for dogs. ;) )

That's what I'm planning on. He's a barn dog. He doesn't like being in the house, so I've been going out and just getting a little closer and talking about random stuff in a soft, soothing South Yorkshire accent. (It makes the ladies weak at the knees so I figure it might work for dogs. ;) )

Now if you had biltong...

Yup, not used to strangers so a lot of that is territorial with a bit of fear thrown in. Once he's used to you he'll be fine. Dogs are good that way.

Latest Threads