ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

D

Deleted 136127

If ever a photo epitomized the phrase 'be more dog' it's this one!

his eyes are bonkers! He’s had an absolute blast today and ran miles on the beach and in and out of the sea. It’s been hilarious. As you say, he’s been ‘a right dog’ and loved every minute

Look at the sheen on those coats! I love to see happy, healthy dogs as it shows how loved they are and inclines meet to like their owners. Very handsome chaps indeed.

Ours look like that.

Brasso.....

Aphra

Old-Salt
his eyes are bonkers! He’s had an absolute blast today and ran miles on the beach and in and out of the sea. It’s been hilarious. As you say, he’s been ‘a right dog’ and loved every minute
Isn't it great to see them having so much fun? Just the joy they get from a wild race about off lead is infectious. I'm not able to have an animal at present so this thread and the cat one have to suffice.

Bet there'll be Olympic standard sleeping tonight!

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Thanks everyone for your condolences and concern - been a hell of a week as you can probably imagine, I hate to think how many times I've had to go through this - anyway, she's home now, we had her cremated by a reputable company that assures single cremation. I didn't really hear it at the time but the Mrs. remembers that the vet mentioned that the dose she had was a 'cat-sized dose' before she went, which reinforces to me that the timing was right for her and us.

As bad as things were, I remember thinking when we were asked if we wanted to take her to bury her at home or a cremation - "she's a Ridgeback, if we put her outside in the cold and wet, we'd be haunted for evermore!"..

I think Ruby is quite enjoying not being beaten by Penny's tail and not having to shield her food, treats and toys... but misses the backup barking at every threat - real or imagined!

This is a photo from 2017 - not long after we got Penny, it's from her first experience of camping, the pair of 'em were so happy having the run of Malham Tarn!

1627589224033.jpeg

Ritch

LE
Thanks everyone for your condolences and concern - been a hell of a week as you can probably imagine, I hate to think how many times I've had to go through this - anyway, she's home now, we had her cremated by a reputable company that assures single cremation. I didn't really hear it at the time but the Mrs. remembers that the vet mentioned that the dose she had was a 'cat-sized dose' before she went, which reinforces to me that the timing was right for her and us.

As bad as things were, I remember thinking when we were asked if we wanted to take her to bury her at home or a cremation - "she's a Ridgeback, if we put her outside in the cold and wet, we'd be haunted for evermore!"..

I think Ruby is quite enjoying not being beaten by Penny's tail and not having to shield her food, treats and toys... but misses the backup barking at every threat - real or imagined!

This is a photo from 2017 - not long after we got Penny, it's from her first experience of camping, the pair of 'em were so happy having the run of Malham Tarn!

View attachment 592562
I've been thinking about how you were doing off and on. I'm glad she's home.

As others say, remember the good times. They'll be your comforter in the weeks and months to come.

The Little Bastard is a very angry Little Bastard... She'd spent weeks cultivating the smell of rotting foxshit, had achieved 12th Level Scruff and was the envy of all her mates. But now she's been dragged through the dip, has been sheared and is about to be publicly humiliated at the doggy daycare...

There will be blood...

AutRdz.jpg

The Little Bastard is a very angry Little Bastard... She'd spent weeks cultivating the smell of rotting foxshit, had achieved 12th Level Scruff and was the envy of all her mates. But now she's been dragged through the dip, has been sheared and is about to be publicly humiliated at the doggy daycare...

There will be blood...

AutRdz.jpg

Attachments

• trouble monkey.jpg
    trouble monkey.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 3

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I've been thinking about how you were doing off and on. I'm glad she's home.

As others say, remember the good times. They'll be your comforter in the weeks and months to come.
Thanks mate, it means a lot - I was going to say how it's amazing how we can unite with strangers over dogs, but we've been doing if for tens of thousands of years....
One of the younger lads at work has a springer pup, he's been talking to me about dog stuff over the last six weeks or so, despite not really talking much over the 18 months he's been there.... Anyway, today he shows me a live stream of his pup clearly upset about being left alone when previously he'd been fine, there was a bit of a storm last night and the pup needed comforting a couple of times in the night, I mentioned that this was probably the first weather storm he'd experienced and wasn't sure what was causing the noise and had no-one there to comfort him - cue a sudden 'test drive' to go home, take the windows off 'vent', comfort the pup and hide a couple of treats for him to find...... 30 mins later, sleeping pup and relieved owner!
Oh, and a new best friend at work!

clothears

War Hero
Our Border Collie bitch very often pees from the 'handstand' position, Very skillful!
Our Minature Spitz does the same. I've seen her balance on her two front legs. Most of the time she squats and lifts her back right leg.

Our Vet thinks it has something to do with the spaying and muscles. Who will ever know.

She only weighs 8 pounds. Our 85 pound Rough Collie just looks amazed at the two front leg trick.

The hound is going in for neutering on a few weeks. Does anyone have any tips for aftercare / cone of shame advice for a high-energy dog?

The hound is going in for neutering on a few weeks. Does anyone have any tips for aftercare / cone of shame advice for a high-energy dog?
We had a body suit for our bitch when she got spayed. It meant she couldn’t lick the stitches and also did not get stressed about not being able to fit past things/knock into them. I’m sure your vet will advise.

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We had a body suit for our bitch when she got spayed. It meant she couldn’t lick the stitches and also did not get stressed about not being able to fit past things/knock into them. I’m sure your vet will advise.
Useful info as our girl is going to be spayed in a few weeks' time.

Ritch

LE
Rather than buying a body suit, when Poppy had a cancerous lump taken off a couple of years ago, the vet told us to nip next door to a charity shop and buy a couple of cheap shirts. I think the total came to £7 and when one was in the wash, the other was on the dog. Worked like a charm.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
We've also stuck Charley in a jumper or dog tee shirt to stop her licking at stitches, as we found that even with the dreaded "cone", she would simply rub her tummy along the ground or try to scratch at the irritating area with her back paw.

Latest Threads