ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

4D6517CE-140F-40B7-BBF2-E3E2D8F73BE9.jpeg

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Our Border Collie bitch very often pees from the 'handstand' position, Very skillful!
My tiny yorkie man Sammy would often lift his leg so high he would wee while executing a cartwheel. :-D

Excelle
My tiny yorkie man Sammy would often lift his leg so high he would wee while executing a cartwheel. :-D
Excellent! Good boy, Sammy!

(and thank you for reminding me of my mates' tiny-tripod mongrel, about Yorkie sized, who sometimes, somehow managed to forget which limb he was missing when he went to cock his leg and promptly fell over....
He also fell over & died about 2 years ago (at about 15?) & they got 'new' hounds, a (was fat) pugcross thing and .....a Yorkie! Can't wait to see them later this year. And my mates as well, I suppose...)

I had to take buddy to the vet last night .Green discharge from his right eye, could not go into Vets with him had to stand in car park and vet came out had a quick look and took him into surgery . Came back out within 10 minutes and said he had an ulcer on his eye and gave me two creams to put in his eye . That will be £93: 23 please and I want to see him again on Wed . his eye is a lot better today

jmb3296

War Hero
I had to take buddy to the vet last night .Green discharge from his right eye, could not go into Vets with him had to stand in car park and vet came out had a quick look and took him into surgery . Came back out within 10 minutes and said he had an ulcer on his eye and gave me two creams to put in his eye . That will be £93: 23 please and I want to see him again on Wed . his eye is a lot better today
Ouch, ouch

but I am pleased buddys eye is better. Long May it remain so

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Don't tell me, your insurance excess is £90...

Ritch

LE
Poppy sat watching me scoff a McDonalds in the car park. I've given her a couple of fries out of guilt but due to her dodgy tummy, she isn't getting the chicken - no matter how much she drools.
20210728_114218.jpg

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
@OneTenner Fizzgig and Baffi send their condolences.
1627471101224.jpeg

Ouch, ouch

but I am pleased buddys eye is better. Long May it remain so
Back to Vet today another 10 minutes and a Bill for £61:28 and another tube of ointment No Bloody wonder she was wearing a mask.
Buddy's eye is improving so should be ok in the long term

Don't tell me, your insurance excess is £90...
I don't have insurance too much of a con with all the cop outs. I put money in the bank every month for this and this is the first money Buddy has cost me in 5 years

I don't have insurance too much of a con with all the cop outs. I put money in the bank every month for this and this is the first money Buddy has cost me in 5 years
Thats what we do too.
Had the same thing with the rottie BH vets said ulcer , cleared up after 2 treatments, but the so and so now suffers occasional conjunctivitis, at least the drops for that are cheaper .

I went the same route a few years ago with the cost of eye drops. I went online and was able to buy what the vet was charging the earth for at less than 1/4 of the price, it was the proper stuff not a cheap alternative.

I couple of months ago I posted a picture of my cousin's Irish Setter puppy with her adult Irish Setter.
Hugh, the pup is almost the size of Seamus now and they are very bonded. Might be by blood as Seamus is actually the uncle of Hugh.
Not mine but beautiful dogs so posting these. In one Hugh is looking out the living room window at a deer grazing on the lawn. I suspect he wanted to go play with the deer. In the other Seamus and Hugh are relaxing.

DCCA2F5F-2A4C-4628-9A7D-07D3C2848147.jpeg
7A2AAAC0-2F99-4A97-A09E-C02393C4862B.jpeg

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I went the same route a few years ago with the cost of eye drops. I went online and was able to buy what the vet was charging the earth for at less than 1/4 of the price, it was the proper stuff not a cheap alternative.
Our Vet's pretty good and tells us when and where to get stuff cheaper. She does have a business to run though, staff to pay, etc. So we tend to get the first pack of meds from her, and subsequent ones from decent websites.

In Devon at the minute. Hounds having a blast

A32E77FC-81C5-4118-BA1D-E4D668F92D7C.jpeg

Aye the Vet charged us £19: 23p for one and £19: 07 for other checked online £7: 48 and £9 : 50 for other same stuff

Aphra

Old-Salt
I couple of months ago I posted a picture of my cousin's Irish Setter puppy with her adult Irish Setter.
Hugh, the pup is almost the size of Seamus now and they are very bonded. Might be by blood as Seamus is actually the uncle of Hugh.
Not mine but beautiful dogs so posting these. In one Hugh is looking out the living room window at a deer grazing on the lawn. I suspect he wanted to go play with the deer. In the other Seamus and Hugh are relaxing.

View attachment 592370View attachment 592371
Look at the sheen on those coats! I love to see happy, healthy dogs as it shows how loved they are and inclines meet to like their owners. Very handsome chaps indeed.

Latest Threads