ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Ritch

LE
She's gone.
View attachment 590492

Her food and water intake has been dropping over the last few days, yesterday all she would eat was four gravy bones, and drank about half a litre all day.
Took her over to the vets in the early evening, she was on her blanket in the rear garden under a tree, she knew she'd had enough, as we did. We could have kept her alive on IV fluids, but that would have been no life.
She slipped away with no fuss. Her best pal, Ruby, was with her too.

I am so so sorry.

You're right, it would have been no life for her and prolonging the inevitable. No words I can offer will ease the hurt but as you know, she is at peace.

Man's best friend. They leave you far too early.

anglo

LE
She's gone.
View attachment 590492

Her food and water intake has been dropping over the last few days, yesterday all she would eat was four gravy bones, and drank about half a litre all day.
Took her over to the vets in the early evening, she was on her blanket in the rear garden under a tree, she knew she'd had enough, as we did. We could have kept her alive on IV fluids, but that would have been no life.
Sorry for your loss One Tenner

She's gone.
View attachment 590492

1626866023926.png

Grownup_Rafbrat

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
She's gone.
View attachment 590492

So sorry she's gone, but happy for the joy she brought to you. We don't own them, they are loaned to us to enjoy each other's company. You gave her love and care, and did right by her at the end.

Fill the big hole in your heart with happy memories xx

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
@OneTenner Sorry for your loss. Hopefully the sadness will be replaced by happy memories in time.

Poppy

LE
Condolences onetenner

@OneTenner

Beautiful girl. So sorry to hear, at least console yourself that you were with her when she made the journey.

964ST

LE
Our Ridgeback is off for another blood test and a scan on her lower intestine & liver in the morning - both Vets involved have intimated that given the blood test results and her behaviour, it's likely to be a tumour. She's very hungry/not hungry and looking especially frail, even her best pal, Ruby the GSD is behaving especially attentively around her - as we are.
She's been with us for just over 4-1/2 years but it feels like forever since we rehomed her. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst.
Even now, she can still make us smile, throwing herself around the day-bed and huffing, puffing and complaining!
View attachment 588655
@OneTenner this post put a “Lump in my Throat” and a “Tear in my eye”

Good luck and good wishes:) And I am sorry about loosing your friend.

PFGEN

GCM
She's gone.
View attachment 590492

Sorry to hear of your loss. Thankfully she went peacefully surrounded by loved ones. That is one beautiful photograph.

Same as the rest of the posters condolences mate

Today I met the perfect dog for Arrser's a cross between a Bulldog and a shit zu
My Jack shitz met a Bull shitz :D