ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Ritch

LE
Poppy has been enjoying some sunshine today but is ready for a rest.

20210405_172431.jpg

She's a girl you want to bury your face between her ears and just inhale her scent. Comforting.

Ritch

LE
She's a girl you want to bury your face between her ears and just inhale her scent. Comforting.

I find myself doing that when I'm having a rough day. She knows when I'm really unwell and often lays by my side.

Silke was like that. Deep breaths of her scent, face buried between her ears. Took the edge off in seconds. She could take me from foaming face eating maniac to her doting dad in a couple of ticks with her calming presence.

padme

War Hero
Silke was like that. Deep breaths of her scent, face buried between her ears. Took the edge off in seconds. She could take me from foaming face eating maniac to her doting dad in a couple of ticks with her calming presence.
My dogs head always smells of sunshine, even when we didn't have any sun that day. Don't ask me what sunshine smells like

My dogs head always smells of sunshine, even when we didn't have any sun that day. Don't ask me what sunshine smells like
It’s smells of non judgemental dog who wants nothing out of life save being your mate and the odd feed.

Ritch

LE

Not getting another hound?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
It’s smells of non judgemental dog who wants nothing out of life save being your mate and the odd feed.
I just love that when you walk in the door the dog is always delighted to see you. Ours does a little dance of happiness when I say 'hello' to her.

Perfect for cheering me up.

Last edited:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I just live that when you walk in the door the dog is always delighted to see you. Ours does a little dance of happiness when I say 'hello' to her.

Perfect for cheering me up.
My dally greets me at the bottom of the stairs every morning and jumps up and down on all fours like a blooming jack in the box, he’s 11 later this year but still acts like a puppy.
F6779AEF-ED0A-4E97-AA9E-8AD0943E5094.jpeg

Ritch

LE
My dally greets me at the bottom of the stairs every morning and jumps up and down on all fours like a blooming jack in the box, he’s 11 later this year but still acts like a puppy.
View attachment 562990

What a gorgeous hound.

As a kid (4) I was bitten on the face by a Dalmatian trying to eat my ice cream and for years, I was really wary of dogs until I was about 11 and we got our first dog. I am still kind of funny about Dalmatians but I can't deny they're beautiful.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
What a gorgeous hound.

As a kid (4) I was bitten on the face by a Dalmatian trying to eat my ice cream and for years, I was really wary of dogs until I was about 11 and we got our first dog. I am still kind of funny about Dalmatians but I can't deny they're beautiful.
Thank you.
Sounds nasty, we got ours because, 1, I always wanted one and 2 our daughter was scared of dogs after one dog jumped up at her and got her ice cream, luckily she wasn’t touched.
He‘s good as gold, jumps up on my knees for a cuddle most days, has taken my foot stool over as a SECOND BED! He gets away with murder, gawd I’ll miss him when the day comes, hopefully not for a few years yet.
His favourite treat, Aldi Greek Yogurt, if I have some on some fruit I have to give a good few big spoonfuls in his bowl, sometimes he has the pot, he sulks when he can’t have any he absolutely loves it.

This is 'Monster II'. A few weeks ago myself and OC Domestic decided to take the plunge, as she'd been desperate for a dog for years. I'd had previous with spaniels so it was a given. This bugger appeared on Dogs Trust and we applied.

A couple of weeks later he arrived. He's fit right in and there's been no dramas. He's sharp as a sharp thing and learns very quickly indeed. I had him responding to hand signals in a couple of hours. I'm wondering if there's some border collie in there somewhere?

He's ace. He sleeps on the bed. I no longer have sex. He's like the Berlin Wall with ears. My arse is also cold. Git. This is the culprit avec 'Moocow'.

20210311_195911.jpg

Latest Threads