ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Something we need to be aware of. My limited knowledge of the problem I haven't seen anything that tells me the disease can be passed from Dog to Dog nor exactly what causes it.
It's been here in Dorset for a couple of years. Not wise to walk dogs on certain heathland in the Bournemouth area, for example. Vets are all very aware and have speedy access to a centre of excellence diagnosis and treatment.

Teg61

Old-Salt
FF0FD5BA-571D-4A1A-A400-7CB9A7DE954F.jpeg

Dad, come and see this!!

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
my lab, a working gun dog, had the same hobby

best way with him was get your thumb in the corner of the mouth behind the hedgehog, press down on tongue, mouth has to open, out pops the ( with him) uninjured hedgehog
Looking at it, I think I need a pair of chain mail gloves to try that.

jmb3296

War Hero
Looking at it, I think I need a pair of chain mail gloves to try that.
Actually no.
It can’t close it’s mouth as you depress the tongue and opens its jaw as your thumb presses on the tongue.
I’ve never needed the chain mail gloves to do it.

Saying that if the dog is growling or showing sides of aggression, there is no way I will be putting my fingers near it’s mouth

Bob Upndown

War Hero
Couple of gratuitous Hounds on the Downs from yesterday. I swear they’re the canine equivalent of Ant & Dec, they always pose the same side.

Alfie’s gammy shoulders and foreleg joints are starting to slow him down and showing when he sits. We’re managing his pain but are starting to accept that he might want to shuffle off when it all gets too much.

956952FF-9233-4CE5-8C4D-479414B5F2F8.jpeg
649A1A23-6647-413F-AFDB-3D5B50CF1B7B.jpeg

Enigma266

War Hero
The hound manage to rip his pad off last night (the only on his ankle) Vet visit later today! He has been really brave though and not whinged once. I didn't even realise there was a problem at first as he was too busy kicking off with the hedgehog!

Attachments

• 749CE072-5645-459A-A75D-E507053D9F6E.jpeg
    749CE072-5645-459A-A75D-E507053D9F6E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
Couple of gratuitous Hounds on the Downs from yesterday. I swear they’re the canine equivalent of Ant & Dec, they always pose the same side.

Alfie’s gammy shoulders and foreleg joints are starting to slow him down and showing when he sits. We’re managing his pain but are starting to accept that he might want to shuffle off when it all gets too much.

View attachment 560684View attachment 560685
We used CDB oil with tumeric to help our old lab. I was a bit sceptical at 1st but it did make a big difference. We got it from a place in the forest of Dean which rescues eastern european dogs.

I hope these three weren't on stag when this was taken

1617297972146.png

Cpl. Sharadan Reetz (left), 21, from Indianola, Iowa, and Lance Cpl. Jarrett Hatley, 21, from Millingport, N.C., an assaultman and a dog handler with 3rd Platoon, Lima Company, 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, rest next to Blue, an improvised explosive device detection dog, after clearing compounds with Afghan National Army soldiers during Operation Winter Offensive in Garmsir District, Helmand province, Afghanistan, Jan. 4, 2012

964ST

War Hero
I hope these three weren't on stag when this was taken

View attachment 561847

Cpl. Sharadan Reetz (left), 21, from Indianola, Iowa, and Lance Cpl. Jarrett Hatley, 21, from Millingport, N.C., an assaultman and a dog handler with 3rd Platoon, Lima Company, 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, rest next to Blue, an improvised explosive device detection dog, after clearing compounds with Afghan National Army soldiers during Operation Winter Offensive in Garmsir District, Helmand province, Afghanistan, Jan. 4, 2012
Cannot believe that Cpl Jarrett has Nicked the dogs blanket!!
That Dog is also trained in „Anti-Spooning“ techniques!

Chap in Nantwich had a lapse in common sense and left his two labs outside M&S last week and whoosh, they were gone.

Big Facebook campaign and someone came up with some CCTV which lead the police to a house in Stoke. Happily the dogs have been reunited with their frantic owners and the “alleged” thieves, including a 14 year old were up in front of Magistrates yesterday. I don’t know the outcome.

In an extraordinary twist to the tale the thieves are apparently from a section of the community much taken with caravanning.

anglo

LE
Chap in Nantwich had a lapse in common sense and left his two labs outside M&S last week and whoosh, they were gone.

Big Facebook campaign and someone came up with some CCTV which lead the police to a house in Stoke. Happily the dogs have been reunited with their frantic owners and the “alleged” thieves, including a 14 year old were up in front of Magistrates yesterday. I don’t know the outcome.

In an extraordinary twist to the tale the thieves are apparently from a section of the community much taken with caravanning.
Well, colour me surprised

Just searched.

They were initially remanded in custody but have now been released on conditional bail to appear before Magistrates on June 8th.

By which time they’ll be long gone.

Latest Threads