ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't buy them toys. A shoe box will do!
20210222_100430_resized.jpg

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Mrs F_F is Covid positive :oops: and I'm absolutely sure that the chaps aren't going to sit still for ten days' house arrest.

I've just ordered a couple of LED light collars on the basis that I promise to be back in my plague pit by sun up and that anyone meeting me walking the hounds at four in the morning is up to no good and doesn't deserve to live.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I hope Mrs F-F is better soon and doesn't pass the lurgy to you.

Mrs F_F is Covid positive :oops: and I'm absolutely sure that the chaps aren't going to sit still for ten days' house arrest.

I've just ordered a couple of LED light collars on the basis that I promise to be back in my plague pit by sun up and that anyone meeting me walking the hounds at four in the morning is up to no good and doesn't deserve to live.
Please pass on kindest regards, and I hope for a speedy and complete recovery.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I hope you are not training the pups to fit into COVID current rules!

Posting is NOT an option!! :)
We were discussing that very topic yesterday. If Miss Moanalot won't let us into Scotland to drop one at her new home, it's either drive to the border with a big catapult or pop her in the mail...

964ST

War Hero
Trebuchet and a miniature crash helmet, if it was a cat.

can the buyers not meet you at the border, and do a Cold War type handover? Maybe update the scenario to modern times with a drone trailing a string attatched to a sausage to get the puppy to cross over?

Does anyone run with their pooch?

Once Keswick is a little older I'm going to start taking him out on short trots with me before building up to proper runs. I have heard that Cani-Cross harnesses are probably the best ones for this, but wondered if anyone had any experience of them / training the dog to run with them?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Does anyone run with their pooch?

Once Keswick is a little older I'm going to start taking him out on short trots with me before building up to proper runs. I have heard that Cani-Cross harnesses are probably the best ones for this, but wondered if anyone had any experience of them / training the dog to run with them?

The missus does at least 4 miles every day with our two Patterdales.

They love it. Didn’t need any particular training or anything, they just took to it straight away.

From what I gather it’s best not to go mental when they’re under 18 months old as their joints aren’t fully developed yet and you can cause long term damage.

Also if you’re road running, their pads will get torn to shreds the first few times.
6EFB7F09-7771-4CB8-B788-C25EAF437CAE.jpeg

The missus does at least 4 miles every day with our two Patterdales.

They love it. Didn’t need any particular training or anything, they just took to it straight away.

From what I gather it’s best not to go mental when they’re under 18 months old as their joints aren’t fully developed yet and you can cause long term damage.

Also if you’re road running, their pads will get torn to shreds the first few times.
View attachment 551898
Yeah - I'm very cautious as I don't want to injure the poor lad / give him problems in later life.

What's the belt / shock-absorbing lead that 0A is wearing? And are they attached to the collar or to a harness?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yeah - I'm very cautious as I don't want to injure the poor lad / give him problems in later life.

What's the belt / shock-absorbing lead that 0A is wearing? And are they attached to the collar or to a harness?

They’re attached at the collar but she’s recently switched to harnesses. Both seem to work.

I would bet a shiny penny that the whole set up came from Messrs Amazon and Sons, purveyors of fine dog running equipment.

They’re attached at the collar but she’s recently switched to harnesses. Both seem to work.

I would bet a shiny penny that the whole set up came from Messrs Amazon and Sons, purveyors of fine dog running equipment.
Ahh, I'm acquainted with that fine establishment. I shall enquire on my next visit to the Boutique. Many thanks.

Latest Threads