ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I do love this site.
As for your dog, very beautiful.

Truly beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That thing took out two leather sofas and Equine and Livestock now refuse to insure his intestinal tract after an eye-watering bill involving an indestructible toy.

He's incredibly cute though, which is probably the only reason his bloodline has endured.

A couple of pics our two, the top one is Sasha a refugee from Bucharest. History unknown other than a street dog. Beautiful affectionate lady who is less than keen on strangers/walks/open spaces unless wierdly a beach where she goes full mong and is a joy to watch, sadly we live nowhere the sea!! She is quite happy cuddled up at home, sadly fir her she gets dragged out twice a day.

The second is Colin aka The Colinator a two year old Border Terrier who frankly is too cute for his own good.

Love them both to bits.

20210207_081601.jpg

20210104_211102.jpg

I hope she learns well from her mentor, tree climing, bfo sticks ( trees limbs ) etc etc.

haggler

War Hero
Lost my baby before christmas and have just decided that we must have another boxer in our life.
We have always rescued our dogs in the past and stupidly thought that we would be able to do the same now. Pandemic has led to a huge rise in prices being asked for dogs and far less are going to rescues. Because of the thousands we spent on our girl trying to save her in last year we have only around 1000 quid left in savings. Once again I stupidly thought we could buy one. Prices for even mongrels are around 1500 and Boxer pups going for average of 3 grand. Sadly seeing adverts where people are reluctantly having to give up their two year old dogs but still wanting two grand, a clear thousand more than they would have paid. Supply and demand controls all markets and dogs are no different. Covid is also affecting rescues as they wont rehome more than 30 minutes from centres. We give to Dogs Trust, Dogs on the street and Battersea but unable to find any joy through them. I know once lockdown ends the rescues will fill up with unwanted dogs and the prices will drop accordingly.

Trouble is the feeling of loss is all encompassing and depression is setting in. We used to walk miles with our girl and now barely leave the house other than for work. Treasure your four legged friends because when they go the hole left behind is gaping. There is clearly no time limit on grief and I am still tearing up all the time. So if you get offered the jab, take it so I can get a doggy again soonest!

Attachments

• 372B8349-3A34-4AAD-8607-192D1D99DC37.jpeg
    372B8349-3A34-4AAD-8607-192D1D99DC37.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 21

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Getting close to puppy choosing time for their new families.

Obviously first deposit gets first choice and so on and so forth.

There really isn’t much in it, especially with the girls. Just sorting through the boys now.

The stand out one by a long way for me is number 3 with the Hitler tash. He’s the most outgoing by a long way but also the loudest. He seems to be the cleverest. He’ll either be a cracking working dog or a complete nightmare.

Number 2 looks exactly like the dad.

70E55F2C-5403-4035-AE20-AEE57DE415CC.jpeg
E38F4E71-4324-40C6-86D5-7A2120ABAC3C.jpeg
F3684354-AC58-4092-BA82-1B4B3C0ED6A2.jpeg
20660C0B-5714-47CE-B959-AEC468106C85.jpeg

A couple of pics our two, the top one is Sasha a refugee from Bucharest. History unknown other than a street dog. Beautiful affectionate lady who is less than keen on strangers/walks/open spaces unless wierdly a beach where she goes full mong and is a joy to watch, sadly we live nowhere the sea!! She is quite happy cuddled up at home, sadly fir her she gets dragged out twice a day.

The second is Colin aka The Colinator a two year old Border Terrier who frankly is too cute for his own good.

Love them both to bits.

View attachment 549892

View attachment 549895

Colin looks as though he may be, errm, "popular with the ladies" ?

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds

Colin looks as though he may be, errm, "popular with the ladies" ?

Sent from my karzi while losing several pounds
He's a legend in his own mind.... :-D

Getting close to puppy choosing time for their new families.

Obviously first deposit gets first choice and so on and so forth.

There really isn’t much in it, especially with the girls. Just sorting through the boys now.

The stand out one by a long way for me is number 3 with the Hitler tash. He’s the most outgoing by a long way but also the loudest. He seems to be the cleverest. He’ll either be a cracking working dog or a complete nightmare.

Number 2 looks exactly like the dad.

View attachment 550331View attachment 550332View attachment 550333View attachment 550334
Who could fail to love any of them?

Ritch

LE
Bloody dogs. Friends have had to blast back to the UK for a family medical emergency, so naturally we offered to look after their Golden Retriever alongside our Setter. He is a lovely gentle giant and they get along very well (less said about our cat, the better). However, he doesn’t understand no or do come back.

Last night, he blasted through our electric fence (which would have made me wince), buggered off into our woods and then downhill towards the village. Together with my son, we embarked on a cross-country run/steeplechase for about 20 minutes. My son eventually cornered him, belly deep in a vile boggy march behind the local Chateau. Tail wagging, he would still not budge. We waded in to get him and took him home for a shower.

Dog 1: Humans 0. Off-lead rights withdrawn until his own family return. I really wasn’t looking forward to making “that” phonecall.

Dogs name isn't Fenton is it? Reading that, all I could hear was "Oh Jesus Christ, Fentoooooon!"

Ritch

LE
I have no idea why I found - and still find - that so funny. Perhaps because it's a bit reminiscent of Monty Python?

I think all dog owners can sympathise with the owner having been shouting upon deaf ears at some point.

Blogg

LE
Truly beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That thing took out two leather sofas and Equine and Livestock now refuse to insure his intestinal tract after an eye-watering bill involving an indestructible toy.

He's incredibly cute though, which is probably the only reason his bloodline has endured.

E&L are in our very bitter experience an appalling outfit on every level

With PetPlan now and yes it costs muchly but the difference is vast