Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Ritch

LE

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
This boy's going to grow up eccentric, I fear.
20210122_224227_resized.jpg

wheel

LE
My Mrs has worked part time for several years now. She has been moaning that she wants to finish completely for the last two years. This morning I saw a beautiful Whippet lurcher dog six months old in Alsager animals in need. I am smitten with him Scrappy needs a home. Experienced with dogs tick, experience with sight hounds tick, no children tick. Must not be left alone for more than a few hours hmm problem.
Dearest. you can retire with immediate effect its not a problem I earn more than enough for the both of us.
She bottled it. I am angry. There is no way on this planet she is retiring early the cow will work until she is of proper retirement age.
Sorry no link as I am not on faceache.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
@Ravers They certainly are, all about the same size from the looks, bet their mum is kept busy :)

Yep. There’s no runt of the litter. You can’t tell any of them apart yet. All the same size, all the same colour.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Yep. There’s no runt of the litter. You can’t tell any of them apart yet. All the same size, all the same colour.
How did you manage that? Ours range in size from 320g to 468g, and in colour from cappuccino to Harry Windsor!

Edit to add no runts though all healthy and hearty. In fact the tiniest girl is a spirited, feisty little madam.

Tyk

LE
How did you manage that? Ours range in size from 320g to 468g, and in colour from cappuccino to Harry Windsor!

Edit to add no runts though all healthy and hearty. In fact the tiniest girl is a spirited, feisty little madam.

Any difference (if you kept track) between those born naturally and those from the C section?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Any difference (if you kept track) between those born naturally and those from the C section?
The first three (natural born) are biggest tiniest and fairly small. The four that came later include the second biggest. It's weird.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

To be fair I haven’t weighed them but they all look about the same.

When they’re still this small, any difference can be put down to having a full belly or not.

Nearly found homes for them all and that’s just through word of mouth.

A dog and a bitch left.

Tyk

LE
Nearly found homes for them all and that’s just through word of mouth.

A dog and a bitch left.

That's good, with the parents they've got I hope they all have productive working lives, the last two will no doubt go rapidly too, unless you decide to keep one :D

I was appalled when you said how much @Grownup_Rafbrat 's litter would fetch on the market, while I agree that price should keep wasters away, the idea they're an expensive commodity is disturbing.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That's good, with the parents they've got I hope they all have productive working lives, the last two will no doubt go rapidly too, unless you decide to keep one :D

I was appalled when you said how much @Grownup_Rafbrat 's litter would fetch on the market, while I agree that price should keep wasters away, the idea they're an expensive commodity is disturbing.

Yep. It’s crazy prices right now.

Cheapest I’ve seen KC registered working labs advertised for is 2.5 grand.

Most are around 3 but some even more.

Mine aren’t KC registered but are very well bred with traceable lines and all health checked etc.

Going rate for non KC registered is 1800 - 2500 quid.

Even Patterdale Terriers and Staffies are going for over a grand.

To be fair prices have been low for years. They’re at an all time high now because of lockdown and more people suddenly working from home, but I don’t think we’ll ever go back to the days of labs changing hands for 600 quid.

Tyk

LE
That really is disturbing, not from the perspective of responsible owners properly disposing of the occasional planned litter, but from the motivation of crime. Dog theft is an abomination and irresponsible breeders pumping out litters which is also atrocious are both attractive in cash terms, that's why I'm so alarmed.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
That really is disturbing, not from the perspective of responsible owners properly disposing of the occasional planned litter, but from the motivation of crime. Dog theft is an abomination and irresponsible breeders pumping out litters which is also atrocious are both attractive in cash terms, that's why I'm so alarmed.
There are reports of people smashing windows, barging into houses and threatening resident children to make folk hand over litters. It's vile.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
@Ravers
@Grownup_Rafbrat

Both of you keep the pictures coming. Your babies are beautiful
I know they are lovely. I am going to cry buckets when they go to new homes, even though they are going to friends and family. Like Ravers we have one girl and one boy unclaimed as yet, and the step grandsons are visiting later. The garage will be open to fresh air and socially distanced puppy viewing will take place. They and their mother have been arguing with the Useless Stepson about having a dog ever since they knew ours was expecting.

More pics today, as you ask so nicely.

Latest Threads