Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

You are kind.

Dog is now awake and recovering from the Caesarean. We have sent the three natural born puppies in to join their siblings scoffing milk. We are just waiting for them to be checked over and her to wake up a bit more before taking them all home.

I am going to have to sell hubby's body to pay the vet's bill, but they are all well. I am exhausted, and the day isn't over yet!
Errr . . . What size boots is - was - he ?! ;) .

Last edited:

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Thank goodness it’s over,now your fun begins
Well done to you all
It didn't end there. Talk about The Longest Day! At 6am the vet decided that she wasn't happy about the dog's sleepiness and wanted to keep her under observation for another six hours. We came home for tea, toast and shut eye.

Called at 1100 and the whole family is doing well so we are off shortly to collect them.

I am too flipping old for days that last from 0510 to 0800 the next day. Luckily there were two of us to spell the driving!

Anyway, pics this afternoon, and I shall be sleeping early tonight.

Thanks all for your kind thoughts and good wishes. Now the fun really starts...

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Bill172

Swinger
It didn't end there. Talk about The Longest Day! At 6am the vet decided that she wasn't happy about the dog's sleepiness and wanted to keep her under observation for another six hours. We came home for tea, toast and shut eye.

Called at 1100 and the whole family is doing well so we are off shortly to collect them.

I am too flipping old for days that last from 0510 to 0800 the next day. Luckily there were two of us to spell the driving!

Anyway, pics this afternoon, and I shall be sleeping early tonight.

Thanks all for your kind thoughts and good wishes. Now the fun really starts...
Glad to see they are doing well. Don't want to scare you, but we had little sleep for 4 weeks. We were probably over cautious as it was our 1st (and last) litter.
We did have to work on 3 or 4 of the pups when they were born to get them breathing OK. One was tiny and was fed from a syringe for a while, 8 teats for 9 pups can be a challenge if one is a lot smaller than the others.

good luck

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Update. Still concerned about the dog's heartbeat, they are all staying at the Vet's until later this afternoon. We buried the stillborn Kilda under the spot where the next Raised Bed will be going, and wished her well wherever she went.

I am missing the dog now...
20200831_121814_resized.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Harumph Dogs and Bitches.
Well, whatever you call them, here they are. Finally home at 5.30 this evening, 36 hours after starting the journey into the world. I am so relieved!

Attachments

• 20210118_173419_resized.jpg
    20210118_173419_resized.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 20210118_173703_resized.jpg
    20210118_173703_resized.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210118_173422_resized.jpg
    20210118_173422_resized.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210118_173803_resized.jpg
    20210118_173803_resized.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210118_175401_resized.jpg
    20210118_175401_resized.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 43

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Fantastic news.

Is mum a yellow and dad a fox red? Looks like you’ve got a good mixture of both.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I love the noise they make.

Yep, like squeaky toys. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Give it three weeks and you’ll be wearing ear defenders in bed and the entire house will stink of piss and dog shit.

I’m dreading it this time round. It was bad enough with 4 last time. We had to move them into a stable eventually because it was a nightmare having them in the house.

Can’t really do it this time round as it’s winter and given the price these things are going for now it’s not really worth the risk of theft.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Fantastic news.

Is mum a yellow and dad a fox red? Looks like you’ve got a good mixture of both.
Dad very red, mum red with strong yellow tendencies. Her mum is very red, and she goes redder with her Winter Coat. We were hoping to get some red ones, and were lucky.

Oddly, KC doesn't recognise red as a colour, so they are all yellow on their papers.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Yep, like squeaky toys. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Give it three weeks and you’ll be wearing ear defenders in bed and the entire house will stink of piss and dog shit.

I’m dreading it this time round. It was bad enough with 4 last time. We had to move them into a stable eventually because it was a nightmare having them in the house.

Can’t really do it this time round as it’s winter and given the price these things are going for now it’s not really worth the risk of theft.
We decided not to put them outside because of just that reason. Luckily we plan to decorate the spare room and replace the carpet, so we are keeping them there.

It is right next to our room, so we may move to the sofa....

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Dad very red, mum red with strong yellow tendencies. Her mum is very red, and she goes redder with her Winter Coat. We were hoping to get some red ones, and were lucky.

Oddly, KC doesn't recognise red as a colour, so they are all yellow on their papers.

Of course I’m sure you’re aware what KC registered labs are changing hands for these days.

You‘re sitting on about 20 grand‘s worth of puppies there.

Latest Threads