Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
First one didn't make it. Second seems to have pushed him out and is now guzzling like the bar is about to close. The suspense is killing me!

How’s she getting on? Fingers crossed for healthy pups.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
We now have three little beauties.
20210117_200945_resized.jpg
20210117_195553_resized.jpg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
How’s she getting on? Fingers crossed for healthy pups.
Slowly but surely. She's 5, a bit old for first litter, but she's doing ok. We think there are a couple more to come.

She started preparations at 10 past 5 this morning. I am dead on my feet.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Life is so exciting. After three live births she stopped. For a very long rest.

With the result that we are now at the vets, and she has had an injection to help contractions re-start as there are FOUR MORE still to come.

It's going to be a long night. We can't go inside because of Covid, so we are in the car with the first three puppies in a warm box, she is inside, where hopefully their siblings will be born soon.

My life doesn't know the meaning of 'simple".

With the result that we are now at the vets, and she has had an injection to help contractions re-start as there are FOUR MORE still to come.

It's going to be a long night. We can't go inside because of Covid, so we are in the car with the first three puppies in a warm box, she is inside, where hopefully their siblings will be born soon.

Good luck!

Tyk

LE

That's a miserable scenario I hope it goes well.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
It's going great guns. She's now having a Caesarean and we are trying to find somewhere to kill two hours when everything is closed because of Covid and Sunday. We still have a box of three puppies keeping warm, and have taken refuge in the motorhome, in its storage unit.

She's medically well, but just didn't have enough muscle to push any more out. Poor thing. Puppies and a Caesarean scar and feeding don't sound like fun.

Tyk

LE
It's going great guns. She's now having a Caesarean and we are trying to find somewhere to kill two hours when everything is closed because of Covid and Sunday. We still have a box of three puppies keeping warm, and have taken refuge in the motorhome, in its storage unit.

She's medically well, but just didn't have enough muscle to push any more out. Poor thing. Puppies and a Caesarean scar and feeding don't sound like fun.

Poor beastie, hope that goes as well as it can and the follow on of course. Not a fun time.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
To say nothing of an hour's drive home when I have been up since 0510. Main roads and take it steady, I think. Already encountered a deer in the road on the way in!

I woke up to see if there was any progress,at least she is in good hands.
Just stay warm and get a kip for now (bet you don’t)
Take care

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
I woke up to see if there was any progress,at least she is in good hands.
Just stay warm and get a kip for now (bet you don’t)
Take care
Excellent advice, thanks. Have you heard the noise three tiny puppies make? Sleep? Hahaha!

Just hope she will come through safe and well. She's still our puppy!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Just checking
You are kind.

Dog is now awake and recovering from the Caesarean. We have sent the three natural born puppies in to join their siblings scoffing milk. We are just waiting for them to be checked over and her to wake up a bit more before taking them all home.

I am going to have to sell hubby's body to pay the vet's bill, but they are all well. I am exhausted, and the day isn't over yet!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh, we have a total of 7 live pups. 4 boys and 3 girls. Pics tomorrow.

Latest Threads