Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Errr . . . I'm not sure if it is appropriate for me to be having this discussion, but . . .

If she is escaping, and is "out there" on her own, swaying her "rear end" for all to see, and leaving and enticing trail of pheromones around the neighbourhood . . . . I would suggest, it does NOT matter what "boyfriend" you have arranged . . . it will be a case of "first come - first served" . . . :( .

Although, as they are inclined to accept more than one partner "coupling", you could eventually have a very interesting mixed "litter" ;) .
So far we or neighbours caught her before she's found any boys. Now we know what she's up to she's under increased supervision! :)

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
So far we or neighbours caught her before she's found any boys. Now we know what she's up to she's under increased supervision! :)

I take it you're intending her to have a litter at some time in the future? Otherwise it's much kinder to her in the long run to have her spayed. (Although I do understand this might be difficult to arrange in current times).

PFGEN

GCM
I take it you're intending her to have a litter at some time in the future? Otherwise it's much kinder to her in the long run to have her spayed. (Although I do understand this might be difficult to arrange in current times).

We did that with our Berner Sennen when she starting being in heat three times a year. It made for a more peaceful life all round.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
That is why we have picked a boyfriend;-)

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
What's with this arranged marriage thing so 19th century ;) :):D
Pedigree. Not chum, but lineage. Hers is full of Field Trial Champions etc and she has a lovely temperament, so we're going to make more just like her, only more ginger.

(Although I have heard that labradors never breed true to colour, so a red and a ginger may produce black, brown and golden. )

Teg61

Old-Salt
66F02DF3-B484-485B-A29E-D24706337108.jpeg
My two after swimming! This is actually my chair, but has been claimed as Lab territory now.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Ground hog day for the moggie

82910E02-A44A-4115-A5D3-5AEDFFB52A42.jpeg

748040F0-9954-4555-B82C-5ACA5DD92025.jpeg

every time the see it it’s like they have never seen a cat before and the moggie has to run the gauntlet. I do feel sorry for the thing

It appears that what I thought was a Cockapoo puppy, turns out to be a hairy land-shark with many pointy teeth. We have reached the nipping stage.

I now have hands and arms that look like I've been fisting the used needle bin at the local hospital.

It appears that what I thought was a Cockapoo puppy, turns out to be a hairy land-shark with many pointy teeth. We have reached the nipping stage.

I now have hands and arms that look like I've been fisting the used needle bin at the local hospital.
I still look like that after two years of being slave to a Jackapoo... :rolleyes: :threaten:

The Little Bastard (we've now forgotten her actual name) managed to get hold of the postman's arse for the first time two days ago... :oops:

Boxer96

Old-Salt
I still look like that after two years of being slave to a Jackapoo... :rolleyes: :threaten:

The Little Bastard (we've now forgotten her actual name) managed to get hold of the postman's arse for the first time two days ago... :oops:

What a little cracker! We have 2 dogs, a Leonberger bitch and a Lab/Newfoundland cross dog. I'm on the lookout for a smaller beast as 64 kg of Leonberger is not what I consider a lapdog (although she does!). My I ask where did you source the "LB" from?

Vaccinations complete; training going fairly well (except for the 'don't eat your own poo' bit)...it's time for Keswick to do what dogs were made for this weekend. (Unless we're locked down)

To the Pub!

Oh, and I actually got to make the excuse at work this week that I wanted to as a kid, but being without dog made it difficult. The dog ate my homework.

Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 09.54.06.png

What a little cracker! We have 2 dogs, a Leonberger bitch and a Lab/Newfoundland cross dog. I'm on the lookout for a smaller beast as 64 kg of Leonberger is not what I consider a lapdog (although she does!). My I ask where did you source the "LB" from?
Leonburgers are lovely (an RAF mate has two of them), but WAY too big for us! :)

TLB came from our niece a couple of years ago. As I've recounted here before, our lovely old Cocker-Collie cross finally snuffed it after 16 years and we weren't going to have another mutt. However, our niece rang later that week to say that she had nine puppies and nobody wanted the runt... I 'put my foot down with a firm hand' and gave 0A a firm and resounding "No f***ing way!"...

So of course by the end of the week we had fully committed to taking TLB home with us when she was old enough... I have the breaking-strain of badly-set blancmange... :rolleyes:

Her dad is a black pure-breed Toy Poodle, but quite big for the breed - at least three times her size. Her mum was a white, smooth-haired Jack Russell. At the time they were trying to breed pure black toy poodles from a pure-breed bitch, but he also got jiggy with her Jack Russell friend! The two bitches had nine pups between them on the same day and they all looked EXACTLY the same. TLB is now half the size and weight of her nearest sibling though.

Yeah, she is a little cracker. All the intelligence of a poodle (and non-moulting/hypoallergenic hair) combined with all the energy, mischief and bloody-minded grit and determination of a Jack Russell. Really nice nature with people and other dogs (except with the above-mentioned postman and now the vet, who she snapped at yesterday) and a great pub-dog.

Boxer96

Old-Salt
Where is it legal to keep a Grizzly Bear as a pet?

I jest of course I used to know one of those mahoosive brutes, lovely nature and probably pretty handy if you want to shift a tree stump or a concrete road bridge in one go.
One "big" problem is that they are so affectionate; at 64kg a lapdog she isn't.

Latest Threads