Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

pooky

Old-Salt
So having calmed down and talked to another mate who was with Dave when it happened. Turns out I was wrong about the lead, it wasn't the one I have had words with him about.
But one his granddaughter bought, apparently from poundland type shop with her pocket money at the weekend.
So I have just eaten humble pie and apologised to him.
His reply of don't worry I know your heart was in the right place.
Made me feel a bigger cuñt than I already did.
I also went to the corner shop and watched the cctv.
I think she was killed instantly, hit by a van and knocked into opposite lane and squashed flat by a bigger van.
Guy in the shop formatted the hdd to erase it after I watched it.
He was a star and covered her up.
Got her body into a box and drove Dave home.
15 minutes after that was when he knocked on my door and I reacted like a cùnt.
Don't want anyone going away thinking hes a cùnt.
He doesn't know how to tell his granddaughter, I have advised not mentioning the lead to her.

Such sad news, especially as it was avoidable. I think you’re right to be furious with him, he did not protect Clover by spending a few pounds on a good lead and now she is dead. You deserve a lot of credit, you did more to try to protect her than her owners ever did. His granddaughter’s gift was kind but we owe it to our pets to protect them - and he failed, big time.

Keswick update, 24 (ish) hours in.

• He didn't soil his crate overnight;
  • He has learnt (or at least - responds to) his name;
  • He has learnt "Sit";
  • He is learning "Down";
  • A few accidents in the house (just wee), but is getting better at going outdoors (we have increased the frequency of outdoors trips. Overnight he is take outside every 2 hours.

My boss at work has requested that he joins the team video call on Thursday. I'm pretty sure he'll have taken my job by this time next week.

Tyk

LE
Keswick update, 24 (ish) hours in.

• He didn't soil his crate overnight;
  • He has learnt (or at least - responds to) his name;
  • He has learnt "Sit";
  • He is learning "Down";
  • A few accidents in the house (just wee), but is getting better at going outdoors (we have increased the frequency of outdoors trips. Overnight he is take outside every 2 hours.

My boss at work has requested that he joins the team video call on Thursday. I'm pretty sure he'll have taken my job by this time next week.

Sounds like he's settling in fine and you're doing the very sensible thing of training early.
Make sure he negotiates a good salary uplift over yours then you can retire early :D

Sounds like he's settling in fine and you're doing the very sensible thing of training early.
Make sure he negotiates a good salary uplift over yours then you can retire early :D
He appears to work for scraps of chicken; salary negotiations will have to be training stage 2.

Others may - hopefully - also wish to Sign & Share . . .

DEMAND LEGAL RECOGNITION OF ANIMAL SENTIENCE POST-BREXIT

Imagine, for a moment, that the law doesn’t recognise your ability to feel joy, fear, pleasure, or pain – nor your ability to learn, or your consciousness of the world around you.

Unless the UK Government introduces new laws recognising animal sentience before 1 January 2021, that terrifying prospect will face every single one of the UK’s farm animals.

If you live in the UK, please email your MP today. Urge them to use their influence to ensure animals are recognised as sentient beings in post-Brexit legislation.

1601294750215.png

https://action.ciwf.org.uk/page/67237/action/1?ea.tracking.id=email-action&supporter.appealCode=CATEM_UK0920c_I&utm_campaign=politics&utm_source=email-action&utm_medium=email&ea.url.id=4924538&forwarded=true

Also posted on the Cats thread, and the all-internet-links-videos-pictures-in-here thread.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Others may - hopefully - also wish to Sign & Share . . .

DEMAND LEGAL RECOGNITION OF ANIMAL SENTIENCE POST-BREXIT

Imagine, for a moment, that the law doesn’t recognise your ability to feel joy, fear, pleasure, or pain – nor your ability to learn, or your consciousness of the world around you.

Unless the UK Government introduces new laws recognising animal sentience before 1 January 2021, that terrifying prospect will face every single one of the UK’s farm animals.

If you live in the UK, please email your MP today. Urge them to use their influence to ensure animals are recognised as sentient beings in post-Brexit legislation.

View attachment 507939

https://action.ciwf.org.uk/page/672...medium=email&ea.url.id=4924538&forwarded=true

Also posted on the Cats thread, and the all-internet-links-videos-pictures-in-here thread.
Pigs are delicious, and sentient. What is the purpose of this campaign please?

Pigs are delicious, and sentient. What is the purpose of this campaign please?
That it is intended all animals are cared for, treated, and slaughtered HUMANELY.

You/I/we know that animals are sentient, but it is not NOW enshrined in law, and until it is, the bastards that inflict cruelty can not be dealt with appropriately.

Bastards that treat defenceless, often restrained animals (whether your domestic pets, or be they part of the food chain), to needless, mindless, cruelty, would face the law in the same way, as though they had abused humans.

Last edited:
That it is intended all animals are cared for, treated, and slaughtered HUMANELY.

You/I/we know that animals are sentient, but it is not NOW enshrined in law, and until it is, the bastards that inflict cruelty can not be dealt with appropriately.

Bastards that treat defenceless, often restrained animals (whether your domestic pets, or be they part of the food chain), to needless, mindless, cruelty, would face the law in the same way, as though they had abused humans.

MOD Edit: [PIC REMOVED. Don't be a douche]

Poppy

LE
Come on folks. Please take the campaigning elsewhere. This has always been a thread to raise a smile or to share sympathy about difficult moments in our DOGs’ lives.

agree..........and surely that's a pig in the photo? hence obviously NOT halal

agree..........and surely that's a pig in the photo? hence obviously NOT halal
Funny looking tail, and nose/mouth, for a pig . . . :( .

Note: the concerns about poor animal welfare, are NOT confined to barbaric religious slaughter. There are sufficient TV programmes, catalogueing(?), the inhumane treatment of our furry friends and pets :( .

Last edited:
I suspect that moo cow piggy thingy would rather have its head attached.
And . . . or . . . at least NOT been conscious, when its head was detached :( .

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Back onto the subject of dogs..

Our 5 year old lab has started to develop Houdini-like escape skills and wander off round town by herself.

All Summer the gates have been open as tradesmen have built the extension. She never even attempted to leave the garden. Now we think it's secure, she's proving otherwise.

Anyone else have experience of this, and what's the solution, before the daft mutt is run over or nicked?

She is due into season in early October. My theory is she's looking for a bloke...

Our 5 year old lab has started to develop Houdini-like escape skills and wander off round town by herself.

All Summer the gates have been open as tradesmen have built the extension. She never even attempted to leave the garden. Now we think it's secure, she's proving otherwise.

Anyone else have experience of this, and what's the solution, before the daft mutt is run over or nicked?

She is due into season in early October. My theory is she's looking for a bloke...

Go back a couple of years and re-read the Stainmaster book of dog training.
Do you own a nail gun?

Yup! I'd suggest "October" arrived early . . . the little tart !! ;) .

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Yup! I'd suggest "October" arrived early . . . the little tart !! ;) .
She will have to wait a few days. We have picked a boyfriend!

She will have to wait a few days. We have picked a boyfriend!
Errr . . . I'm not sure if it is appropriate for me to be having this discussion, but . . .

If she is escaping, and is "out there" on her own, swaying her "rear end" for all to see, and leaving and enticing trail of pheromones around the neighbourhood . . . . I would suggest, it does NOT matter what "boyfriend" you have arranged . . . it will be a case of "first come - first served" . . . :( .

Although, as they are inclined to accept more than one partner "coupling", you could eventually have a very interesting mixed "litter" ;) .

Ned_Seagoon

War Hero
Errr . . . I'm not sure if it is appropriate for me to be having this discussion, but . . .

If she is escaping, and is "out there" on her own, swaying her "rear end" for all to see, and leaving and enticing trail of pheromones around the neighbourhood . . . . I would suggest, it does NOT matter what "boyfriend" you have arranged . . . it will be a case of "first come - first served" . . . :( .

Although, as they are inclined to accept more than one partner "coupling", you could eventually have a very interesting mixed "litter" ;) .
A few years ago, when our not so little girl was going through her second season, we had a hunk of a Golden Retriever living behind the back fence. Between them, they managed to dig a tunnel and consummated the dirty deed. After a trip to the vet, the next stop was the garden centre. I layed 20 m of interlocking plastic tiles weighted down with logs and stones.

Last edited:

Latest Threads