ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
A good tip WW, but I still have grave doubts about getting anything underneath a tiny yorkie!
get said Yorkie to pee on either a doggy pee pad / dish sponge ( thin )/ feminine sanitary product and squeeze target juice out, again no questions please

Awww . . . the poor baby . . . :( .

ckupload_20181107005618_guilty dog.jpg

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Pleased to report that after the pantomime of poo and pee collecting (yes, I did get the shameful yellow funnel underneath and collected a goodly sample, even if it did run down my arm as per usual), Her Majesty the Yorkie was classed A1 by the vet today. Well enough to have her booster, and generally back to her bossy obnoxious self.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Pleased to report that after the pantomime of poo and pee collecting (yes, I did get the shameful yellow funnel underneath and collected a goodly sample, even if it did run down my arm as per usual), Her Majesty the Yorkie was classed A1 by the vet today. Well enough to have her booster, and generally back to her bossy obnoxious self.
Good news.

If the bees of the world go extinct I know why ......
At some point in his 5 months before he came into my life Merlin must have been stung by a bee or wasp.....on the arrse .
This now means he spends some of his day showing his teeth at the hundreds of bees on the wild flowers and lavender next to the patio/terrace ....trouble is bees and wasps don't understand Collie threats so carry on buzzing around... so threat having been ignored his next move is to bite them .....then spit them out....whip round and check his rear....
He's like some creature from the film The Mummy.....spitting bees and wasps out...
Worried the daft sod will get stung in the mouth or throat but we have a big garden and wildflower meadows so keeping him away from bees and wasps isn't possible.....he isn't worried by flies despite them sounding similar to my knackered ears .....
Bless him ;-)

Have been dogless now for many many months but Dogs Trust is now back up and running, hence the latest foster job that arrived today.
Billy, 13 year old Lhasa Apso, almost deaf, almost blind, only two teeth, limps a bit on his back left quarter but seems happy enough. Enthusiastic about a walk which turns into a long one(time) as he's one of those "sniffs" every-goddam-thing. His former owner had him from a pup and she is now bedridden with no family to take him on.
1596649634668.png

If the bees of the world go extinct I know why ......
At some point in his 5 months before he came into my life Merlin must have been stung by a bee or wasp.....on the arrse .
This now means he spends some of his day showing his teeth at the hundreds of bees on the wild flowers and lavender next to the patio/terrace ....trouble is bees and wasps don't understand Collie threats so carry on buzzing around... so threat having been ignored his next move is to bite them .....then spit them out....whip round and check his rear....
He's like some creature from the film The Mummy.....spitting bees and wasps out...
Worried the daft sod will get stung in the mouth or throat but we have a big garden and wildflower meadows so keeping him away from bees and wasps isn't possible.....he isn't worried by flies despite them sounding similar to my knackered ears .....
Bless him ;-)
My old Collie X used to do exactly that. It was always a constant worry he would be stung in his mouth/throat.
But then they are mental.

begbie

Old-Salt
If anyone is after a dog, Guide Dogs are trying to re -home a GSD who’s been withdrawn from training. They offered him to us but one dog is enough.
I don’t know any of the details regarding the dog but if you want any info re: the reforming process send me a message.

Clover is shooting up, totally fearless or thick as pig shot I can't decide.
Lily won't have anything to do with her, but she won't leave her alone.
Lily has only ever shown interest in Dog puppies and ignored Bitches. So I wasn't too surprised at her lack of interest.
luckily little Ben is more her size and seems quite enamoured of her.
20200806_161041_1.jpg
Screenshot_20200806-165223_Gallery.jpg

20200806_161113_033_1.jpg
20200806_161113_022_1.jpg
20200806_161113_032_1.jpg

Clover is shooting up, totally fearless or thick as pig shot I can't decide.
Lily won't have anything to do with her, but she won't leave her alone.
Lily has only ever shown interest in Dog puppies and ignored Bitches. So I wasn't too surprised at her lack of interest.
luckily little Ben is more her size and seems quite enamoured of her.
View attachment 495026View attachment 495027
Although I have given a like I am dismayed at the lack of a Lily pic.............

P.s. I like Lily

Although I have given a like I am dismayed at the lack of a Lily pic.............

P.s. I like Lily
Investigating the interloper
20200726_082903_1.jpg

Enjoying her new bed
20200727_120627_1.jpg
Screenshot_20200806-232636_Gallery.jpg
20200806_233030.gif

This is her the day after I got her from DL.
7 years in September.
Screenshot_20200806-233455_Photos.jpg