ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Bodenplatte

War Hero
Why should it be that everyone else gets cute, loveable puppies and I get a Gremlin, which eats furniture, ankles, fingers and even rocks, and which piddles and craps in the kitchen without any sort of remorse? The wee sod has risen past the height of our 8-year old jackrussell/KC5 spaniel and bullies him mercilessly. Being highly energetic and seemingly intelligent in some aspects of his behaviour, all of this nonsense gives me the gyp. Is it just because he's a Rottweiler? Should I sell him as a War Dog?
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die"

1594250120172.png

[DRIFT]

Hopefully, others will also wish to Sign & Share . . .

Please ask your friends and family to join in calling for animal welfare to be protected in all UK trade deals.

TradeDeal_Sheep+on+Hill+with+logos.jpg

[/DRIFT]

roninxix

War Hero
My 10 year old Labretard has started having seizures. As I’m currently stuck on the other side of the world her indoors has had to deal with this.

He was given Diazepam initially and the vet has put him on a course of tablets. The question that I have is how long in general would it take the hound to recover? The vet isn’t very forthcoming reassuring the missus, and indeed me.

He initially fitted two days ago, and had several smaller fits later which triggered the visit to the vet. Since coming back and receiving the initial dose the dog hasn’t eaten and rarely drunk and seems to be in a catatonic state. We’re obviously expecting the worse and with me not being there is obviously exasperating the situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
My 10 year old Labretard has started having seizures. As I’m currently stuck on the other side of the world her indoors has had to deal with this.

He was given Diazepam initially and the vet has put him on a course of tablets. The question that I have is how long in general would it take the hound to recover? The vet isn’t very forthcoming reassuring the missus, and indeed me.

He initially fitted two days ago, and had several smaller fits later which triggered the visit to the vet. Since coming back and receiving the initial dose the dog hasn’t eaten and rarely drunk and seems to be in a catatonic state. We’re obviously expecting the worse and with me not being there is obviously exasperating the situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That is sad to hear. I hope he and you (and SWMBO) come through ok.

New pup landed today.

ED2BC431-A500-457B-AAEE-7E8EE1FA5E51.jpeg

39433F69-AF40-4E34-A5CD-7F35F8B6A5FD.jpeg

E3D829F9-B540-414F-AD38-7CCF9E4627F8.jpeg

this one is called Spud. The other one is Hooper

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Just heard strange noises coming from the next room. On inspection, I found my tiny terrier rolling about on the bed and making little squeaky growly noises - she was evidently enjoying herself hugely. As soon as she realised I was watching she stopped abruptly and looked embarrassed.

She never ceases to make me chuckle.

1594997795717.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Screenshot_20200718-190026_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20200718-190031_WhatsApp.jpg

Turns out Clover is an escape artist

wheel

LE
Shameless punt for a good friend and ex RLC who is a pretty good artist if you wold like a drawing of your best friend. He has also just opened a pet food stall in a town Market.

smallbore

Old-Salt
Here is one you might not have seen before, a Ratonero Bodeguero Andaluz (Spanish wine cellar rat hunter).
Developed in Spain from the terriers the English wine merchants brought in the 18th century. Now recognised as a breed by the Spanish Kennel Club.
Designed to be able to leap up on huge wine barrels and keep down the rats. A very agile hunter, very good natured. Females are around 9 kg but some of the males can be bigger, usually with more white on the body.
Favourite games are ball (chase the rat), tug (pull the rat apart), ripping up soft toys (eviscerate the rat).
Picked up from a rescue centre in Spain a couple of years ago.

Rattonero1.JPG
Rattonero2.JPG

Last edited:

Latest Threads