ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Morning All,
Going to the shops today and have to walk through 3 different street dog pack territories. They all seemed happy to see me, as I was them.
Some of one areas pack of 7+ or so were missing a few but glad to see them. Particularly Pufd(Punched up faced dog),who is such a character.
2nd screenshot has been posted before. Pufd is always in 2nd place.

Attachments

20200405_191647_1.jpg

Really showing her age now but still plodding along.

We'll worth that pint of Guinness!
If I had known how good of a Dog she would turn out to be, I would have sprung for a bag of crisp too!

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I can only admire my tiny girl's sense of comic timing, Last night I opened all the windows front and back as it was fairly warm. She's pretty stoical about most things but was evidently missing her evening walk as we tried to be sensible and play by the rules.

Anyhow, around midnight I was finally enjoying the cool night air and pulled the duvet over. Cue an two hour barkathon.

(She was non-commital as to whether it was a suspicious smell or a suspicious sound which had raised her ire ...)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Feed me, come on I want my breakfast.
AEEE77A5-1930-4C83-A2D2-6003644A96E5.jpeg

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Funny, last night we had 'Where's my dinner, you lazy lot?'
20200408_183410_resized.jpg
20200408_183413_resized.jpg
20200408_183407_resized.jpg

Toying with getting another German Shorthaired Pointer at the minute. The bitch is 3 years old and quite small, so there is every likelihood if we get another bitch, the younger dog will be bigger which may lead to a problem for the older dog with pecking order. The simple answer in my book is get a dog but the mrs prefers a bitch as they are less grief.

we had two Weimaraners a few years ago - both birches and the older dog couldn’t handle the yo under dog which was much bigger, so we had a lot of fighting between the two of them and ended up re-housing the older (and smaller) dog.

anyone got an experience of a similar situation, and if so, what’s the view? Take the risk with two bitches or get a dog.

be interested in hearing from anyone with any experience of the same situation.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
If the dog has been neutered, they are (IMO) no more hassle than bitches, neutered bitches still 'argue' over pack dynamics but 'know their place' with dogs. We've got two bitches at the mo, generally they're fine but they do have their moments when dominance is put up for debate - they're both neutered too. Never had problems with a dog / bitch combo
A mate had five Weimaraners because his nut-job ex. couldn't stop 'rescuing' them.... in the end I stopped going to his house because it was a nightmare to be there and it was sad to see his house and life being slowly destroyed.

On a brighter note, here's two completely different interpretations of 'enjoying the sun after a three hour walk'

IMG_20200410_131354.jpg

IMG_20200410_131403.jpg

I can only admire my tiny girl's sense of comic timing, Last night I opened all the windows front and back as it was fairly warm. She's pretty stoical about most things but was evidently missing her evening walk as we tried to be sensible and play by the rules.

Anyhow, around midnight I was finally enjoying the cool night air and pulled the duvet over. Cue an two hour barkathon.

(She was non-commital as to whether it was a suspicious smell or a suspicious sound which had raised her ire ...)
B134FAC7-3107-45C3-BD38-853B4FA36FFD.jpeg

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Toying with getting another German Shorthaired Pointer at the minute. The bitch is 3 years old and quite small, so there is every likelihood if we get another bitch, the younger dog will be bigger which may lead to a problem for the older dog with pecking order. The simple answer in my book is get a dog but the mrs prefers a bitch as they are less grief.

we had two Weimaraners a few years ago - both birches and the older dog couldn’t handle the yo under dog which was much bigger, so we had a lot of fighting between the two of them and ended up re-housing the older (and smaller) dog.

anyone got an experience of a similar situation, and if so, what’s the view? Take the risk with two bitches or get a dog.

be interested in hearing from anyone with any experience of the same situation.
Out of interest, why does your missus think bitches are "less grief"? Dogs and bitches can both vary a lot in terms of personality, and more often than not it's just the luck of the draw what sort of temperament you get.

Out of interest, why does your missus think bitches are "less grief"? Dogs and bitches can both vary a lot in terms of personality, and more often than not it's just the luck of the draw what sort of temperament you get.
cause she’s female and doesn’t listen.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads