ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

1574686969210.png

Number 20 on a long list of foster dogs that have been guests here for a while. This old girl is 14, chipped but info well out of date, she was running loose in West York's somewhere and spent a week in the kennels before Dogs Trust took her on. Apart from being very hard of hearing she is in good health well behaved and house friendly, such a lovely old proper mongrel I find it hard to believe someone wasn't out looking for her. Only down side I discovered at the weekend she is liable to snap at children if pestered to much, no harm done to my grandson but it will go on the Re-Homing intel report.

View attachment 432834
Number 20 on a long list of foster dogs that have been guests here for a while. This old girl is 14, chipped but info well out of date, she was running loose in West York's somewhere and spent a week in the kennels before Dogs Trust took her on. Apart from being very hard of hearing she is in good health well behaved and house friendly, such a lovely old proper mongrel I find it hard to believe someone wasn't out looking for her. Only down side I discovered at the weekend she is liable to snap at children if pestered to much, no harm done to my grandson but it will go on the Re-Homing intel report.
Thanks for giving her a warm house and sofa. It's a miserable time of year for her to be fending for herself or sleeping in kennels at her age.

Maybe she snapped at kids in her former residence, which was why she found herself homeless? Either way, I don't really blame her - as I get older my tolerance for pesky kids is diminishing and it was never that high to begin with.

Brodie got a funny for his little ad-lib performance there. He looks so forlorn there. I sincerely hope this is his last lumpectomy and he doesn't have ant excuses for pissing on your duvet!

We haven't got a cone on Poppy as she decides to wreck every precious thing in the house (and give herself concussion) by thrashing her head from side-to-side constantly. Think horizontal Status Quo headbanging. I went to a charity shop and bought a couple of thin, cheap, long-sleeved tops (size 18 'cos she's a big lump) and have put them on. She can't get to her wounds and no cone, it's a winner.

Here's the scruff looking brighter today.
View attachment 432529
Lovely girl. We've just had Steffi's bits out. Vet gave us a cone but we went down the "t-shirt" route primarily because we thought both her and Rowlf will cause ******* mayhem. Turns out to be the right move. Absolutely no wound bothering by either of them and on the plus side, the house is still intact!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ritch

LE
Lovely girl. We've just had Steffi's bits out. Vet gave us a cone but we went down the "t-shirt" route primarily because we thought both her and Rowlf will cause ******* mayhem. Turns out to be the right move. Absolutely no wound bothering by either of them and on the plus side, the house is still intact!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thanks.

I'd have never thought about a cheap long shirt if the vet didn't suggest it.

20191124_082702_1.jpg

Squirrel watching

Ritch

LE
Poppy just after doing her "dying duck act" when removing her dressing.

PicsArt_11-26-12.05.45.jpg

Slight OT (Not a dog owner) but while looking at CIA map archives on flickr I found these albums from 2017 about puppy training.

Lulu (15 photos) "Lulu"

Fall Puppy Class - Week 2 (8 photos) "CIA's fall 2017 "Puppy Class" imprint training - week 2. Freya, Indigo, Heide, Lulu, Suni, and Nicole graduated from the booth and are now out on the training center floor, learning line-discrimination."

Puppy Evaluations (3 photos) Puppy Evaluations

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
New Affenpinscher puppy, breeder can't show her or breed from her as she is considered to be too small, so we've got her. Her name is Baffi.
IMG_1248.JPG

IMG_E1254.JPG

Slight OT (Not a dog owner) but while looking at CIA map archives on flickr I found these albums from 2017 about puppy training.

Lulu (15 photos) "Lulu"

Fall Puppy Class - Week 2 (8 photos) "CIA's fall 2017 "Puppy Class" imprint training - week 2. Freya, Indigo, Heide, Lulu, Suni, and Nicole graduated from the booth and are now out on the training center floor, learning line-discrimination."

Puppy Evaluations (3 photos) Puppy Evaluations
Nice pictures of dogs who work for a living.
Collar and leash marking make it appear that they are Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms dogs, part of the Department of Justice. Of course they could be CIA dogs working in deep cover.
I have had some exposure to BATF dogs and they are pretty amazing animals, trained to alert to a wide range of explosives. Smart dogs!
If you ever wondered what happens to luggage that goes unclaimed at airports, some goes to ATF, and agencies using ATF certified dogs, use the luggage to hide explosive during the dogs daily tests.

I was at a training conference once and about half the people were dog handlers who brought their dogs with them. At lunch break the dogs were given trials sniffing an assortment of luggage. The dogs ride in the passenger part of the plane with agent /officer handling them.

I was woken this morning by The Little Bastard standing on my chest, retching and trying to be sick on my face... She really has excelled herself this time. :threaten:

That has to be the worst I have ever heard :pukel::puker:
It's ok, I did say 'trying'... I haven't woken up as fast as that since I last heard someone shout "STAND TO!" about 30 years ago.

The Little Bastard was airborne in a fraction of a second and puked in mid-air as she flew across the bedroom...

Moved this little one for a rescue , owner had lost job and then home. Didn't stand much chance of finding a place to rent with little one in tow. Very sad, nearly had me sobbing along with the owner.
20191128_130048.jpg

I was woken this morning by The Little Bastard standing on my chest, retching and trying to be sick on my face... She really has excelled herself this time. :threaten:

Then again, you should be flattered. Like people, when they are ill they want to be with someone they love.

@Conniesdad - that poor little thing. I hope she/he finds a good forever home.
So sad to have to give her up.

Ritch

LE
Currently sat in the emergency vets waiting room waiting on Poppy.

Rushed in an hour ago after she collapsed. No idea what is up with her but all they've said so far is they think it's connected to the surgery

Latest Threads