ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Gone. Something ugly looking on liver & elsewhere.

Massive internal bleed, woke up from general needed for scan and went within the hour.

Was out over weekend and a bit subdued, but not obviously ill. :(
A bad time, condolances.

JumpinJarhead has asked me to pass along the following.
His terrier mix, Daisy, died this week. He had rescued her as an abandoned puppy 14 years ago. He is also sad at the death of our own Sluggy, The_Snail, Dale the Snail (Angela) as she had been over to visit him a number of years ago. Daisy was one of the dogs Angela met and played with.

He asked me to say:
"Please pass this along to our dog-loving friends on ARRSE and tell them to give their dogs an extra hug in her memory."

I will add, when you are doing that give them a scratch behind the ears from DavidBOC too.

Daisy1.jpg

Daisy2.jpg

Missed a lot on this thread and feel somewhat guilty seeing as I started it. I've been too tied up in my own fight of late to pay much attention to this.

So sorry to read of losses on here, the loss of Bonnie still makes me weep 6 years on.

But Clyde was 12 last month and Kim will be next year.

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

Written in the office with a Collie asleep on my feet .

The only thing wrong with any dog is the buggers don't live long enough .

Sorry to hear of those who have lost what to all intents and purposes is a member of the family.... condolences just doesn't seem enough.

Ritch

LE
Missed a lot on this thread and feel somewhat guilty seeing as I started it. I've been too tied up in my own fight of late to pay much attention to this.

So sorry to read of losses on here, the loss of Bonnie still makes me weep 6 years on.

But Clyde was 12 last month and Kim will be next year.

View attachment 429403
View attachment 429402
I'm reporting you to the RSPCA. You can see in the eyes of those poor, mistreated dogs that they're screaming "HELP! HE'S DRESSED US IN PARTY HATS. 15,000 YEARS OF DOMESTICATION HAS LED TO US WEARING PARTY HATS!"

I'm reporting you to the RSPCA. You can see in the eyes of those poor, mistreated dogs that they're screaming "HELP! HE'S DRESSED US IN PARTY HATS. 15,000 YEARS OF DOMESTICATION HAS LED TO US WEARING PARTY HATS!"
Indeed. Very good call.

Squashy beds and pressies can only go so far as recompense for not lighting the fire too.

Ritch

LE
Indeed. Very good call.

Squashy beds and pressies can only go so far as recompense for not lighting the fire too.
Yep. I think those are the only things from stopping them from ripping his throat out in the night and doctoring the scene so the authorities think he fell into a blender.

i think I've been reading too many detective books.

Wife did the weekly shop yesterday and one of the 6 pint milk containers leaked cause the seal on the top wasn't sealed .... she left the container in the garage while she cleared up the mess then forgot about it .......

Merlin the collie didn't however .......I watched as he had a good sniff at it , licked the outside then using his teeth unscrewed the top and knocked it over to get at the milk .....I picked it up , refitted the top and he promptly did the same thing again .....Collies are bloody smart .

He has history with milk and as an Irish rescue who we got at 5 months old I can only think he kept himself alive by stealing milk ......when we got him it seemed to coincide with an increase in the Blue Tits stealing the top of the milk out bottles left at the top of the drive .....until he came trotting down the drive carrying a bottle of milk ;-) .

Last edited:
Report me if you like. My defence is that they are SBT's (well, ones a cross) and therefore all the IQ is at their end of the lead. If they're wearing party hats, they must have chosen to.

Ritch

LE
Report me if you like. My defence is that they are SBT's (well, ones a cross) and therefore all the IQ is at their end of the lead. If they're wearing party hats, they must have chosen to.
You're the one with opposable thumbs. ;)

The Little Bastard has been threatened with expulsion from doggy daycare for bullying the Labradors... For some reason she hates them with a passion and as she's MUCH bigger than them, she's become a bully...

That's the trouble with Jack Russell genes... They KNOW that they're the biggest dogs around and rule the roost...

He has history with milk and as an Irish rescue who we got at 5 months old I can only think he kept himself alive by stealing milk ......
Our younger mutt is an Irish rescue but he must have kept himself alive by stealing sleep. I think he's inhabited by the ghost of a chief stoker.....

Quick update. Rowlf is now 15 weeks... and 20.4kg I'm starting to get concerned about how big he's going to end up! (Steffi is a year and 30kg)

This was him 2 weeks ago.
20191029_160400.jpg

WTF is it sideways?!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ritch

LE
Quick update. Rowlf is now 15 weeks... and 20.4kg I'm starting to get concerned about how big he's going to end up! (Steffi is a year and 30kg)

This was him 2 weeks ago.View attachment 430044

WTF is it sideways?!

He's a gorgeous lad. My GSD reached 45kg before old age has made her shed a fair bit of weight. I know of a GSD near me that is well over 50kg in weight but he's a freak of nature.

This was him 2 weeks ago.View attachment 430044

WTF is it sideways?!

My last GSD weighed in at 90 pounds, and he wasn't fat. All muscle and bone, and due to being semi-longhaired he looked even bigger than he actually was
20160427_112926-1 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Ritch

LE
I had Poppy to the vets earlier in the week as she has a large-fast growing lump on her leg.
IMG_20191115_112031.jpg

The vet has rung me back and advised it is a spindle-cell tumour with the lab report stating it shows signs of malignancy.

Latest Threads