ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Published by "Crufts", on 02 April 2019.

It's official, #FinnsLaw has passed its third reading in the House of Lords today with just the Royal seal of approval to go before it becomes law. It will give greater protection for all service animals and enable tougher sentences for those who attack them.

A huge congratulations to our 2019 Friends for Life winners Police Dog Finn and PC Dave Wardell - we're so very proud of you both!

Published by "Crufts", on 02 April 2019.

It's official, #FinnsLaw has passed its third reading in the House of Lords today with just the Royal seal of approval to go before it becomes law. It will give greater protection for all service animals and enable tougher sentences for those who attack them.

A huge congratulations to our 2019 Friends for Life winners Police Dog Finn and PC Dave Wardell - we're so very proud of you both!

Great news!

This is Luna, she's just been rescued from a puppy farm by mt granddaughter, 15 week old chihuahua (long haired we think).
IMG_0794.JPG

Here she is annoying one of our Siamese cats for size comparison:
IMG_0801.JPG

She's a proper cutie! I expect she'll have you all straightened out and on your marks in short order.

Presumably you have a handbag for her personal transportation? If not, it would appear that Louis Vuitton bags are still on trend.

View attachment 386498
Here is her personal conveyance:
IMG_0806.JPG

Poppy hasn't been well the past few days. A very dodgy stomach and guarding when touching. Vet has given her some antibiotics and time will tell. She's unusually extremely quiet which is kind of a bonus but I'd rather my dog was better!

Dog selfie at the vets.:
IMG_20190406_145602.jpg

Poppy hasn't been well the past few days. A very dodgy stomach and guarding when touching. Vet has given her some antibiotics and time will tell. She's unusually extremely quiet which is kind of a bonus but I'd rather my dog was better!

Dog selfie at the vets.:
View attachment 386817
Hoping for quick and total healing.

Ritch -

Wishing Poppy a speedy recovery !!

As to being quieter than usual, if you are referring to while at the vets, in my experience both dogs and cats tend to be quieter in a vets and do not react to other dogs/cats the way they ordinarily would. It is like they regard a vets waiting room as neutral territory where there has to be a truce.

Ritch -

Wishing Poppy a speedy recovery !!

As to being quieter than usual, if you are referring to while at the vets, in my experience both dogs and cats tend to be quieter in a vets and do not react to other dogs/cats the way they ordinarily would. It is like they regard a vets waiting room as neutral territory where there has to be a truce.
I don't mean at the vets, just in general. She's usually a very hyperactive dog, has a number of issues including chasing her tail (that isn't there any longer) and it's impossible to break that habit. The vet reckons she'll never stop it. She's nearly 9 now and she's been doing it since a puppy, we've been told.

At the minute she's curled up on the sofa next to me fast asleep. It's quite a shock to see her this relaxed and quiet.

hope she feels better very soon

Thanks everyone. She's perked up this evening, especially when a small portion of cod and rice made an appearance!