ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

We got his bundle of lunacy 4 months ago. An old photo but as you can see, he's adopted the 'eyes front and say nothing' school of denial pose.View attachment 376655
I wish I could give more than 1 funny.
My Lab is 6 months old now and 2 days ago he was sick in the kitchen. Apart from the days food there was also one my sons socks!!! Still at least it saved a vets bill.

20181124_094853.jpg

Innocent until proven guilty m'lud.

Hopefully this "Finn's Law" will be successful . . .

I wish I could give more than 1 funny.
My Lab is 6 months old now and 2 days ago he was sick in the kitchen. Apart from the days food there was also one my sons socks!!! Still at least it saved a vets bill.

View attachment 376711

Innocent until proven guilty m'lud.
This is him early, also 6 months old. That trampoline was intact yesterday...
fd2.jpg

The story of a dog eating a tub of Vaseline then shitting all over his owner's flat.

F***ing hilarious.

Posted a pic of Steffi on here a few weeks ago and said she's growing quick... what a difference 3 weeks makes!
IMG-20190207-WA0000.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Would Arrse dog lovers be interested in hearing how it all goes and how the dogs and system work? If people are interested, I’ll post as the process evolves. Just let me know.
Yes would give that a read....

look if I didn't take the piss you would all think I was ill

Nice pair of blues, and I love the taxidermy in the window :grin:
Note the fox's tail above the door... on the other side of the door is it's head. Out of sight there is a mummified cat. I think it was uncovered during repair works or some such... it is ancient.

View attachment 373279
You may recall this big lump(15month old and 34.5kg)came to take over my house last September until I could rehome him. Done an awful lot of work/training with him in the fields at the back of the village and have to say he's a very special lad, so clever and obedient and all he wants to do is be everyones friend. Happy to say I took him to Scarborough to a lovely family and with luck it is where he will spend the rest of his life.
Had an update from the family that took him in. By the sounds of things all is better than well, walks on the beach, loves the sea, loves all the family, hogs the front of the fire, has the lions share of the quilt on the bed. Sometimes things do work out :)

Had an update from the family that took him in. By the sounds of things all is better than well, walks on the beach, loves the sea, loves all the family, hogs the front of the fire, has the lions share of the quilt on the bed. Sometimes things do work out :)
Thanks for helping him find his new life and family. No doubt the time and training you invested in him has paid dividends. :-D

Most of the time, "things work out" only because some people are willing to be inconvenienced or otherwise give their time and energy to saving a dog in need.

Xenophon in his work Cynegeticus (Hunting) lists the names(translated) as:
Psyche, Pluck, Buckler, Spigot, Lance, Lurcher, Watch, Keeper, Brigade, Fencer, Butcher, Blazer, Prowess, Craftsman, Forester, Counsellor, Spoiler, Hurry, Fury, Growler, Riot, Bloomer, Rome, Blossom, Hebe, Hilary, Jolity, Gazer, Eyebright, Much, Force, Trooper, Bustle, Bubbler, Rockdove, Stubborn, Yelp, Killer, Pele-mele, Strongboy, Sky, Sunbeam, Bodkin, Wistful, Gnome, Tracks, Dash.

For those unfamiliar with his works, Xenophon was a warrior, historian and philosopher. He was one of the leaders of the Ten Thousand, Greek mercenaries who invaded Persia under Cyrus to seize the throne from Artexerxes . After Cyrus was killed Xenophon was one of the leaders of the Greeks' fighting retreat from Persia back to Greek territory. He described the campaign and retreat through hostile territory in the Anabasis (Going Up or Going Inland).

I was amused that the only one of these names also used for a human name is "Hilary". It sounds a good name for a bitch.

Latest Threads