ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

Can you post up a couple of photos of them? Preferably ones where they look cute. I'll then reach out to the shelter we got our Georgia lad from and see if anything can be done. I do know that the shelters all help each other by sending them out to other States and by doing it in stages.

By that I mean they would be picked up from you then taken to a shelter, stay there a few days to a week and then someone else comes and picks them up for the onward journey and so on until they reach a final destination.
Many thanks!! We will get better pictures. I may well have helped get your dog up north as I drive for several volunteer groups that transport dogs north to new homes pony express-style.

We are trying everything. All those checked today are full. We are having frigid weather and shelters have taken in a lot of dogs. They are safe and warm for now but it seems whatever option we find means they will be separated.
I've just messaged the place where we got our lad from, see what she has to say.

Many thanks!! We will get better pictures. I may well have helped get your dog up north as I drive for several volunteer groups that transport dogs north to new homes pony express-style.
Lets see what can be done here, no fecking way are those dogs going to a high kill shelter. How long do you reckon you could hold on to them? Our lad came up in February 2015

JJH -
I will PM you info on my son's step-sister's FaceBook page. She is an avid fosterer of dogs. She is in southeast Massachusetts and volunteers with a rescue group from Rhode Island near where she lives.
She personally fosters small dogs, probably as she is petite and probably does not want the dogs to walk her. I know her group gets a lot of dogs from Mississippi and Alabama brought north via relays of volunteers.

I will get in touch with her to let her know she might get a message from you.

PS - Smaller dog looks like the kind she loves to foster.

JJH -
I will PM you info on my son's step-sister's FaceBook page. She is an avid fosterer of dogs. She is in southeast Massachusetts and volunteers with a rescue group from Rhode Island near where she lives.
She personally fosters small dogs, probably as she is petite and probably does not want the dogs to walk her. I know her group gets a lot of dogs from Mississippi and Alabama brought north via relays of volunteers.

I will get in touch with her to let her know she might get a message from you.

PS - Smaller dog looks like the kind she loves to foster.
Thanks David. As you can imagine, I am greatly worried about the fate of these sweet dogs. At least they are warm, fed and safe tonight.

Prepare yourself for an "Ahhh . . ." moment . . .

Copied on the cat thread.

Found the puppies' owner. Not the best situation for them but at least they can stay together.

I am having to borrow the neighbours dogs to get my hound fix. They are enjoying it. Just need the two of them to not kill each other and I could take them both out in a oner.

Round these parts dog walkers are making a decent income. I might be missing a trick

What is the story if there is one .
He didn't supervise them properly and they ran through about 1/2 mile of woods to where we found them. Owner is sterotypical country bumpkin and has not gotten any shots for them much less having them neutered. If they end up here again I will have to think long and hard about giving them back.

He didn't supervise them properly and they ran through about 1/2 mile of woods to where we found them. Owner is sterotypical country bumpkin and has not gotten any shots for them much less having them neutered. If they end up here again I will have to think long and hard about giving them back.
A nice wee no kill shelter in another county seems like the answer.

O
A nice wee no kill shelter in another county seems like the answer.
Thanks to DavidBOC and some other rescue contacts I have I think we could place them in a new home them if needed. We also got him to agree to take them to get vetted at our vet and we prepaid the visit for the sake of the dogs.

I am having to borrow the neighbours dogs to get my hound fix. They are enjoying it. Just need the two of them to not kill each other and I could take them both out in a oner.

Round these parts dog walkers are making a decent income. I might be missing a trick
Saw, or heard, something last week about 'Dog Runners'. Apparently even with walk's some of the bigger more energetic land shark's are not getting enough exercise, so a couple of enterprising individuals came up with 'Dog Running'. Part of the sign up package is that the dog get's a fitbark so that the owner can monitor activity levels.

O

Thanks to DavidBOC and some other rescue contacts I have I think we could place them in a new home them if needed. We also got him to agree to take them to get vetted at our vet and we prepaid the visit for the sake of the dogs.
That's good to hear. The lady I contacted runs a rescue where we got one of our lads, she told me she has a few contacts down there as well if needs be. You're a good man for doing that for the dogs mate.

Saw, or heard, something last week about 'Dog Runners'. Apparently even with walk's some of the bigger more energetic land shark's are not getting enough exercise, so a couple of enterprising individuals came up with 'Dog Running'. Part of the sign up package is that the dog get's a fitbark so that the owner can monitor activity levels.
Lack of exercise is the one thing my three don't suffer from. We go out every morning for a few miles and when they get back they have a three acre fenced in yard to play around in. The fence is to keep them from going after wildlife when I'm busy doing stuff around the place.

I hear people often freeze to death out in the open this time of year.

This was the coldest week in our area this winter. I hate to think what would have been the result had we not found them.
Whoosh!

Perhaps if the hillbilly fails to up his game he may find himself isolated out in the wilderness for some reason, possibly a broken leg - one can never tell. I believe it can be fatal this time of year.

Last edited: