ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

[DRIFT]

Found on Facebook, and shared/posted here, as we don’t have an aquatic animals thread ;)

Shared on the “kitty” thread.

[/DRIFT]
Fur seals in the sub Antarctic were a bit more skittish but the pups liked to come up close and look right in your face. Often find one latched onto a fin having a nibble.

Found on the inter-web . . . . :)

Copied to the "kitty" thread.

Early walk this morning with favourite child and babysitting Lily's boy friend Barney
IMG_20181117_093527~01.jpg
IMG_20181117_094518~01.jpg
IMG_20181117_094337~01.jpg
IMG_20181117_100620~01~01.jpg
IMG_20181117_100541_1~01~01.jpg

[DRIFT]

Found on Facebook, and shared/posted here, as we don’t have a feathered animals thread ;)

Shared on the “kitty” thread.

[/DRIFT]

Loved the WTF expression when it dozed off and shot awake.

Loved the WTF expression when it dozed off and shot awake.
As we all know . . . birds can roost, SLEEP, without falling off - because the tendon than closes the claws tight around the perch, is stretched when the bird rests and lowers itself towards the perch. No concious leg/claw muscle tension required.

This little fella has always woken-up - and presumably expected - to always wake-up in exactly the same position, that he has previously fallen asleep.

He is probably not just embarrassed and annoyed at the nice lady chortling, but also bemused at dealing with a life-changing W.T.F. experience! :) .

Last edited:
Facebook link

A pair of goldens. That may have taken some training.

Millie (AKA Woodpikeydog) is feeling sorry for herself after surgery for a tumour on her bum... histology came back clear though, so she’ll soon be back to fetching squirrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Millie (AKA Woodpikeydog) is feeling sorry for herself after surgery for a tumour on her bum... histology came back clear though, so she’ll soon be back to fetching squirrels.

Mast Cell Tumour?

Lumpy Boy show and tell...

Here he is at the weekend, doing his best mind-meld for a bit of sausage sarnie:
I want that.jpg

Not much further to report. After some discussion with Cambridge they finally sent the chest xrays and heart scans to our regular vet, who couldn't open them, so I had to collect the disc and fiddle with it over the weekend before sending them back to the regular vet ready for surgery on Wednesday. As a bonus I got to keep my own copies and they look pretty okay to me (even the heart valves) for an 11 year old dog.

We are currently relearning stairs - not sure how that's going to pan out but so far he can do them with support in his harness. However he is able to jump in and out of the back door over the step by himself, so perhaps with practice he'll get there.

His ataxia is much better when he's not tired but he is still dragging his toenails on the pavement so I'm trying to find boots that fit his skinny feet. Two varieties have been already been returned as too wide and I have a third variety on order. If these fail I may have to do something Heath Robinson with knitting and lashings of duct tape.

For now, it's fingers and everything crossed until after Wednesday.

For a lady with stitches in her bottom, she's doing very well to be sitting on it. That surely deserves some tripe and chicken after a horrible day.

Glad to hear the lump was benign. I bet you'll sleep better tonight.

Lumpy Boy show and tell...

Here he is at the weekend, doing his best mind-meld for a bit of sausage sarnie:
View attachment 362490
If that look is recognised by you, as meaning Lumpy Boy would like to share your sausage sandwich, then "mind meld" HAS BEEN achieved! :) .

For a lady with stitches in her bottom, she's doing very well to be sitting on it. That surely deserves some tripe and chicken after a horrible day.

Glad to hear the lump was benign. I bet you'll sleep better tonight.
Despite her sweet demeanour, she is well ‘ard and didn’t even flinch during 2 biopsies and mucho bottom prodding. Tuna and scrambled egg, and yes. :)

Of course dogs can be victims of gang violence and threats.
GangViolence.jpg
GangViolence.jpg