ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

@CivvyLurker - I love the picture of the dog on the left in the first picture in the sequence. Here in the US the major intercity cus line is Greyhound and in that pic your dog looks just like the Greyhound logo.

@scalieback - the reason your ESS got a "Like" is that the CO's have failed to provide us with a "LOVE" button to click. Looks absolutely beautiful and looks like a young pup. I have always had black and white ESS dogs and lost Lizzie, the latest, to old age several years ago. I would love to have one now but what with being early 70's and walking with a cane I would be afraid of walking a dog at night. A quiet neighborhood and if I fell down I could be lying in snow til morning. Plus, a chance the dog might outlive me, not fair to the dog.
Good luck with that beauty. The ESS is a damn smart dog.

Border terrier, fox terrier- coyote cross, Brussels griffon- border terrier cross, the BT is my dog SWBMO is responsible for the other two they are just about as looney as her.
image.jpeg

Suki was attacked by a Japanese Akita last night whilst out walking her. I managed to get two boots to its head, which seemed to have stopped it attacking Suki before it's owner finally got the hold of it a few feet away from me.
Suki has two puncture wounds on her back and I'll get the vet to check her over tomorrow as she's due her booster injections this week anyway.

The cnut never even said sorry..only Suki would have done a runner, I'd have dropped her lead and choked the fcuking dog and the owner.

The dog is just doing what dogs do. Not his fault. The correct thing to do is to keep a hold of your Girl and rescue her from the dag then withdraw your sword cane and run it through the owner's giblets.

One assumes you carry a sword cane for the evening bimble, as would any gentleman.

@CivvyLurker - I love the picture of the dog on the left in the first picture in the sequence. Here in the US the major intercity cus line is Greyhound and in that pic your dog looks just like the Greyhound logo.
That's Lumpy Boy doing his favourite thing. Given the choice he'd go everywhere at that speed.
Over here we have a local family bus company called Go Whippet and their logo is very similar to my boy - same colour even.

A bit off topic but I have fond memories of Greyhound buses after spending the best part of three months going all over the US on them. Instead of booking a room for a night I'd sleep overnight on a bus going in vaguely the right direction. Met some interesting people...

The dog is just doing what dogs do. Not his fault. The correct thing to do is to keep a hold of your Girl and rescue her from the dag then withdraw your sword cane and run it through the owner's giblets.

One assumes you carry a sword cane for the evening bimble, as would any gentleman.
She jumped up to play with it and the thing just went straight for her throat after it got loose from the owner. I knew it was going for her and tried to get her behind me.
Being Belfast I shall be recommissioning the baseball bat on the evening stroll. I've no doubt I'll bump into him again as it's not hard to find out where he lives in the area as it happened only 5 mins from my house.

@scalieback - the reason your ESS got a "Like" is that the CO's have failed to provide us with a "LOVE" button to click. Looks absolutely beautiful and looks like a young pup. I have always had black and white ESS dogs and lost Lizzie, the latest, to old age several years ago. I would love to have one now but what with being early 70's and walking with a cane I would be afraid of walking a dog at night. A quiet neighborhood and if I fell down I could be lying in snow til morning. Plus, a chance the dog might outlive me, not fair to the dog.
Good luck with that beauty. The ESS is a damn smart dog.
Thanks. He’s just over 20 months and has put on a kilo since being with me. No fat whatsoever and he is constantly full of beans. He says hi :)

Sorry to hear about your last one. It’s hard when they go but so long as you do your best by them. I lost my last a couple of months before the Springer was born. Thought I’d give it a few years until I got another, but the Springer had other ideas. He’s currently lying in the grass, waiting for me to throw a ball again.

It probably belongs in here! My Mrs’ mate owns a Pug and asked for a birthday cake with that theme.
Just to confirm, it’s not made out of dog food, but her very nice coffee and walnut cake recipe. Dog goes by the name of Reg. :smile:
FB73500E-AA6F-4087-A206-4F72BCA3EB18.jpeg

That's Lumpy Boy doing his favourite thing. Given the choice he'd go everywhere at that speed.
Over here we have a local family bus company called Go Whippet and their logo is very similar to my boy - same colour even.

A bit off topic but I have fond memories of Greyhound buses after spending the best part of three months going all over the US on them. Instead of booking a room for a night I'd sleep overnight on a bus going in vaguely the right direction. Met some interesting people...
Jack Reacher walt

Loads of deserving cases. One will find you.
If it was up to me, a Labrador or shih Tzu puppy. But better half wants to give a home to a waif and stray. I can't argue with that, looking forward to meeting our new family member on Saturday, house way too quiet without a doggy. When the boss is away.in the week it is awful. I so miss my little dog

If it was up to me, a Labrador or shih Tzu puppy. But better half wants to give a home to a waif and stray. I can't argue with that, looking forward to meeting our new family member on Saturday, house way too quiet without a doggy. When the boss is away.in the week it is awful. I so miss my little dog
Condolences. It truly is the worst part of having them. However I'm glad to see your small furry girl's investment in your training won't be going to waste. ;-)

Hubby looking at a Rottie cross, had a Doberman before, are they similar? Or a German Shepherd
In my experience of friends' Rotties, they are much bigger goofballs than Dobies but also more stubborn.

He looks like a rottie cross. Haven't had a boy dog for 20 years. Need to get another dog asap too sad without one. Yes I agree losing them is terrible.tried to resist getting another - that lasted about 10 minutes :)

Condolences. It truly is the worst part of having them. However I'm glad to see your small furry girl's investment in your training won't be going to waste. ;-)

In my experience of friends' Rotties, they are much bigger goofballs than Dobies but also more stubborn.
Are they Labrador stubborn? I honestly don't care I just need a pupper, house isn't a home without a doglet

He looks like a rottie cross. Haven't had a boy dog for 20 years. Need to get another dog asap too sad without one. Yes I agree losing them is terrible.tried to resist getting another - that lasted about 10 minutes :)
I don't think I could manage without a dog in the house so I have a system of staggered ages in the hope that there's always going to be at least one here.

At least there's no shortage of dogs in rescue needing your sofa space.

Are they Labrador stubborn? I honestly don't care I just need a pupper, house isn't a home without a doglet
Frustratingly stubborn when the mood takes them - saluki stubborn I'd say, which is more than a labrador because they're not particularly food-focused.

To be honest, unless you have your heart set on a specific dog, you may be better being guided by the rescue staff as they'll have a good idea of their inmates' requirements and foibles.

Seemingly an old video - or just poor recording - but, still worth posting . . .

We need more Good Copper stories and personally, I would give them a few extra points because it was a St Bernard; my favourite breed.
Good save by those police and fire officers. Can't be that old as the FD people were using an O2 mask designed for animals. They are fairly recent, at least here in the US, but many fire/ems services carry them.
I recall about 15 years ago a firefighter saving a kitten with smoke inhalation before animal masks. He poked a hole in the bottom of a coffee cup and ran the O2 tune through the hole. I later saw the same done by a couple of firefighters to save some ferrets with smoke inhalation.

Cats seem to die in fires far more often than dogs. Dogs get scared, bark and run around, cats tend to hide in closets and under furniture and are found dead later.
Note for cat owners on this thread: Any cat that has survived a fire needs thorough washing, preferably by a vet. Cats are very clean and do not like to smell. Smoke from building fires contains toxic chemicals. If not washed a cat will lick itself to remove the smoke smell and ingest chemicals dangerous to both liver and kidneys.