ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

I hadn't realized how dusty it is in here . . . .

Well I'm claiming it is an allergy attack.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

IMG_20180728_032003~01.jpg

Sleeping happily in front of the fans

Good deed of the day today.
Zues is a Staffordshire bull terrier, we saw him in tesco car park, ten minutes later we saw him wandering across the busy main road , almost getting himself squashed in the process.
Mrs OS stopped, I jumped out like a startled gazelle and managed to grab the little bugger, who promptly wanted to play and gave me a soft play bite on the arm.

We nipped home, grabbed a spare lead and took him to the vet in town to see if he was chipped. Thankfully he was, Vet got hold of his owners who picked him up 20 minutes ago, safe and well despite his little adventure.
My hound though , jealous sod is sulking as I smell of a different mutt.

We nipped home, grabbed a spare lead and took him to the vet in town to see if he was chipped. Thankfully he was, Vet got hold of his owners who picked him up 20 minutes ago, safe and well despite his little adventure.
My hound though , jealous sod is sulking as I smell of a different mutt.[/QUOTE]

Better than the wife smelling another woman's perfume.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry if this is a bone (hahaha) question, but Charley Girl has had a really runny bottom today.

She seems OK in herself, not exhibiting any signs of pain or distress. The old man said it's probably due to the heat. I said "how does that work then?" He said "it melts it".

Joking aside, I'm just a little bit concerned (for her, and for the household between now and tomorrow morning). Can heat stress cause squitters, or should I be looking at other causes?

Sorry if this is a bone (hahaha) question, but Charley Girl has had a really runny bottom today.

She seems OK in herself, not exhibiting any signs of pain or distress. The old man said it's probably due to the heat. I said "how does that work then?" He said "it melts it".

Joking aside, I'm just a little bit concerned (for her, and for the household between now and tomorrow morning). Can heat stress cause squitters, or should I be looking at other causes?
If its any conciliation my two have had runny bums and now almost refuse to eat. So yes it could well be the heat, or perhaps a discarded burger went spectacularly rancid quickly before the hound found it....

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
If its any conciliation my two have had runny bums and now almost refuse to eat. So yes it could well be the heat, or perhaps a discarded burger went spectacularly rancid quickly before the hound found it....
Yep, she does have a tendency to eat crud, but usually has a cast-iron constitution.

I'm probably worrying unnecessarily, but it always rings alarm bells as our Caesar contracted a tummy infection and died from it, despite being hospitalised and having antibiotics, fluids, painkillers and steroids.

So I'm a bit paranoid about it. On the up side, she doesn't appear distressed so hope it's just a passing botty glitch. :D

You could try pro-kolin which works a treat on ours. Either from the vet or someone like pets at home.
Fortiflora is a probiotic comes in 1g sachets, most if not all vets will have it. My lad Cpl Warwick has 1x 1g sachet daily with his HA Hypoallergenic food plus 1x steriod, due to his Hypomortality and since he started this diet not one day of 'runny bum' even in this very hot/muggy weather.
Tomorrow Saturday 4th is his 9th birthday and due to his illness he cant have any treats (January was last treat) so I have got him a new so called indistructable toy instead. I give it 2 days max before he wrecks it.

Yep, she does have a tendency to eat crud, but usually has a cast-iron constitution.

I'm probably worrying unnecessarily, but it always rings alarm bells as our Caesar contracted a tummy infection and died from it, despite being hospitalised and having antibiotics, fluids, painkillers and steroids.

So I'm a bit paranoid about it. On the up side, she doesn't appear distressed so hope it's just a passing botty glitch. :D
I'm NOT a veterinary surgeon from the outset. But I imagine the same is true for mammal animals as it is for humans. My old matron in boarding school when we boys had the shits forbade us from eating and kept us drinking for 24 hours. The dog is well in herself so I'd follow that course. I did it with my own dogs. If no improvement within 24 hours then seek appropriate professional advice.
Pv