ARRSE Kennel Club - A Dog Owners Thread

I suppose this would be in violation of the hosepipe ban, but could they cite the pooch?

But seriously, just the ticket for really hot weather provided the hose is in a shaded area so the water doesn't heat up.

Scratch and doggy treat given.
What I actually meant by the "leg cocking" .
Totally unrelated to your post -

I have a bitch that cocks her leg like a dog

Yes the ah she lifts a foot so she doesn't pee on it was my initial thought as well and sometimes it is that - however Ive seen her walk up to a tree / bush and rather than squat a la bitch stand next to it and raise a leg.

Its funny to see and ive never encountered it before

Apparently quite common. Vet told me it was a leakage of testosterone from a litter brother in the womb. My Girl does that too as well as being very dominant to the extent she's a pushy little cow around other dogs at times. She's a real Princess when she wants to be but I suspect the eyelash batting is just to con me into giving her ear tickles and biltong.

I think she was deprived of attention as a baby and now wants as much as anyone is prepared to give her. Quite jealous if someone else is getting an ear tickle or a tummy rub and she isn't. You'll find out she's displeased in no uncertain manner when the nose is shoved in under your arm with the 'Oi! Where's my ear tickle?' look.

Apparently quite common. Vet told me it was a leakage of testosterone from a litter brother in the womb.
So would her brother be more inclined towards being a fan of films starring Meg Ryan and Judy garland ?

. My Girl does that too as well as being very dominant to the extent she's a pushy little cow around other dogs at times. .
Not a dominat streak to Shit lips- wish she was a little more aggressively inclined around diner time - Twatipus maximus pushes her out her food bowl if we dont watch him she just stands aside.

She only needs to defend it (Just growl) once or twice (with me grabbing him and hoofing him in the yard as punishment) To stop him even trying - That's how many times it took him to learn not only would stinky not accept him bullying her but I was coming down on her side as well - Food aggression* and harassment of her ceased forthwith.

I dont really want the dogs fighting obviously.

*No snapping or snarling at her if she got between him and his view of the dinner table etc.

Apparently quite common. Vet told me it was a leakage of testosterone from a litter brother in the womb. My Girl does that too as well as being very dominant to the extent she's a pushy little cow around other dogs at times. She's a real Princess when she wants to be but I suspect the eyelash batting is just to con me into giving her ear tickles and biltong.

I think she was deprived of attention as a baby and now wants as much as anyone is prepared to give her. Quite jealous if someone else is getting an ear tickle or a tummy rub and she isn't. You'll find out she's displeased in no uncertain manner when the nose is shoved in under your arm with the 'Oi! Where's my ear tickle?' look.
My old girl would cock her leg sometimes too, usually at a good pee-mail spot - I assumed she was trying to make her 'card in a phone box' message clear above those of the smelly boys. Interestingly, she was a proper eyelash batter too... think Jessica Rabbit but in stripey hound form.

On the otherhand, both my skinny boys will sometimes squat like girls and pee down their front legs, and the whippet sometimes hits his chin if he looks down at the stream appearing between his front legs. I understand that's quite a common long-legged dog thing though, possibly to do with learning to balance (or not!) on spindly legs as youngsters.

There are no words. Don't even know where to begin. Thoughts with you mate. She'll always be the best part of you.

IMG_20180722_215002~01~01.jpg

As the sun went down last night

Just said goodbye to this gorgeous hound today. Had her just shy of 18yrs. Permission to wobble lip...
R.I.P.
You wouldn't be human if your lip didn't wobble at a time like this.

@ScaleyAlbereto - Sorry about your loss. Looks a sweet little terrier sort of dog. It is always hard.