Arrse Joins The Social Networking World !

As the title says, I see ARRSE is now linked into these sites.

Capture facebook 1.jpg

Only linked in the same way as chimps are linked to humans. Arrse is more of an anti-social network. We're the council estate of the tinterweb.

HHH, see you've still got your green triangle! I think that will go if you delete your cookies for arrse.co.uk. Let me know if you need a pointer for that and I apologise for not coming back to you before about it.

And yes - it all came about when I noticed we'd dropped off the front page of Google results for 'Army' and even 'British Army' - an outrageous state of affairs. One of the things we've never really done is social networking beyond the basics, and this can help get us back up where we should be. So 'like' everything you can please!

Antisocial networking an interesting idea. A site which would be called arrsebook and have "arse" buttons with a thumbs down?

And yes - it all came about when I noticed we'd dropped off the front page of Google results for 'Army' and even 'British Army' - an outrageous state of affairs. One of the things we've never really done is social networking beyond the basics, and this can help get us back up where we should be. So 'like' everything you can please!

Antisocial networking an interesting idea. A site which would be called arrsebook and have "arse" buttons with a thumbs down?
I remember someone on this site suggesting an starting Twatter® as an alternative to Twitter!

'arrseaboutfacebook' I solemnly lay intellectual claim to this and demand royalties if it is used!

Good CO;4545335 Antisocial networking an interesting idea. A site which would be called arrsebook and have "arse" buttons with a thumbs down?[/QUOTE said:
I was thinking instead of likes or dislike buttons, a "shutupbecauseyou'rebeingafuckingmong" button. It would save on so so many posts pointing out the fact.

Mark Fuckerberg will be intrigued!

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
So if I connect to Facebook via ARRSE (using the button at the top), what happens? Everyone on ARRSE gets to see my FB profile? Everyone on FB gets to see my username here? Slightly concerned for persec, as you might expect!

HHH, see you've still got your green triangle! I think that will go if you delete your cookies for arrse.co.uk. Let me know if you need a pointer for that and I apologise for not coming back to you before about it.
I delete my cookies etc on exit from IE, but as I said before the triangle won't go away, even by switching them off it just jumps to the home page with them back on again.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
So if I connect to Facebook via ARRSE (using the button at the top), what happens? Everyone on ARRSE gets to see my FB profile? Everyone on FB gets to see my username here? Slightly concerned for persec, as you might expect!
All your family will find out you're a pervert, padres will descend on the site like the wrath of God, teenage boys will be all over the site. Nothing can go wrong.

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
All your family will find out you're a pervert, padres will descend on the site like the wrath of God, teenage boys will be all over the site. Nothing can go wrong.
My family know I'm a pervert. The rest of it is probably more your area of expertise.

The only problem with that is that you need an account with facebook, twitter & google to do so!

and if one was then wanting to un-link them whats the de-******* procedure?

I think I'll keep arrse and facebook separate cheers.
And the world is all the better for knowing your policy on that.

I'm aware that not everyone is privacy-savvy enough to realise that linking their ARRSE account to their Facebook account is public and if you write stuff on ARRSE that you're not proud of, then perhaps not a good idea. I've therefore added a really obvious info icon with a link to an FAQ pointing out the pros and cons.

We had previously decided not to use this function so that anonymity was preserved, but actually that's a bit insulting. The Facebook link can be a good thing and it's really up to the individual to use it or not. If you like Facebook and have nothing to be ashamed of on ARRSE then great, if you don't like Facebook and/or have 'secrets' on ARRSE, then best avoided.