Arrse Joins The Social Networking World !

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by HHH, Aug 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HHH

HHH LE

As the title says, I see ARRSE is now linked into these sites.

Capture facebook 1.jpg

2. That could create some outrage.

3. Only linked in the same way as chimps are linked to humans. Arrse is more of an anti-social network. We're the council estate of the tinterweb.

• Like Like x 14
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

HHH, see you've still got your green triangle! I think that will go if you delete your cookies for arrse.co.uk. Let me know if you need a pointer for that and I apologise for not coming back to you before about it.

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

And yes - it all came about when I noticed we'd dropped off the front page of Google results for 'Army' and even 'British Army' - an outrageous state of affairs. One of the things we've never really done is social networking beyond the basics, and this can help get us back up where we should be. So 'like' everything you can please!

Antisocial networking an interesting idea. A site which would be called arrsebook and have "arse" buttons with a thumbs down?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I remember someone on this site suggesting an starting Twatter® as an alternative to Twitter!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

'arrseaboutfacebook' I solemnly lay intellectual claim to this and demand royalties if it is used!

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mark Fuckerberg will be intrigued!

10. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

So if I connect to Facebook via ARRSE (using the button at the top), what happens? Everyone on ARRSE gets to see my FB profile? Everyone on FB gets to see my username here? Slightly concerned for persec, as you might expect!

11. HHH

HHH LE

I delete my cookies etc on exit from IE, but as I said before the triangle won't go away, even by switching them off it just jumps to the home page with them back on again.

12. All your family will find out you're a pervert, padres will descend on the site like the wrath of God, teenage boys will be all over the site. Nothing can go wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

My family know I'm a pervert. The rest of it is probably more your area of expertise.

14. I'll start praying.

15. HHH

HHH LE

The only problem with that is that you need an account with facebook, twitter & google to do so!