Arrse is not what it was....

I joined Arrse two years ago because I had served in Iraq as a TA soldier and wanted to speak with others who may or may not have been having a hard time settling down post tour.

Many people posted and I found the experience helpful.

Since then I believe that the site has become populated by many who are not who they seem...I would go so far as to say Internet Walts and Hardmen who have heard about Arrse via the media. They are dragging the quality of the site down, real internet bullying and harrassment.

MODS - IMO the site has become a monster - I cannot believe some of the posts currently in the charities forum regarding the death of Blot_Bang_Rub - some of the scum on this site should take a long hard look at themselves - especially if they have not served.

We should all have to rejoin ARRSE quoted our service numbers - then you would see the membership drop to reflect those who tell the truth.

Too many wan*ers on this site.

Rant out

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Good idea, but its easy enough to fake a number...

Errrr....that would delete all the SCH's as well then?

be careful of what you wish :p

B_AND_T

LE
Book Reviewer
2473.... oh well!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
2523****

I don't see this catching on. The COs have said that while it is aimed at serving and ex, it is still open to everyone.

And yes, I do know I'm a sprog you predictable fuckers

If you don't like it, don't stay here.

Google arrse about tit, or whatever its called.

248*****

2492**** then 540***.

Not sure that proves it though..

Ref ARRRRSE being not what it was - not at all sure it's in decline, but perhaps the people you were used to 'corresponding' with a year or two ago have now moved on, as people do. Or you're too used it - things are better when they still have novelty value.

FARMBOY: if you died and ARRSE was made aware of the fact, would you rather have loads of people who don't even know you shed crocodile tears and post ludicrous doggrell poems or would you rather that people took the p1ss like they did when you were alive? If my ship went down, I'd far rather someone said 'Well, he should have learnt to sail the fcuker properly' than pretend to 'respect' me without actually knowing who I am.

Oh - and 2504***1 - Royal Engineers, now RFA.

If the service number was non-sequential, and subject to Mod10 coding (like bank account numbers or credit cards) then we could conceivably have an add-on to the site where ones service number could be entered and a code issued by the site that authenticates it as a "kosher" number.

CityBanker said:
If the service number was non-sequential, and subject to Mod10 coding (like bank account numbers or credit cards) then we could conceivably have an add-on to the site where ones service number could be entered and a code issued by the site that authenticates it as a "kosher" number.
And who would manage the security of that and the link to the MoD then?

stabtastic said:
2492**** then 540***.

Not sure that proves it though..

Ref ARRRRSE being not what it was - not at all sure it's in decline, but perhaps the people you were used to 'corresponding' with a year or two ago have now moved on, as people do. Or you're too used it - things are better when they still have novelty value.
Agreed. I just feel that the way in which some have reacted to BBR's death shows that we have some real wan*kers on this site.

Latest Threads