ARRSE IPhone/Android App

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by Bad CO, Sep 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

?
  1. Nothing

21 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Nothing (but have ads on it)

14 vote(s)
    17.3%
  3. £1

20 vote(s)
    24.7%
  4. £2

14 vote(s)
    17.3%
  5. £3

5 vote(s)
    6.2%
  6. £5

7 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

An Iphone App for ARRSE has been asked for on a number of occasions but it is now something we are seriously looking at. It would effectively be a rebranded version of the excellent one produced by Tapatalk that I know a few people are already using.

[​IMG]

(Oh and I do know that isn't an IPhone ....)

Our big question concerns how we'd deploy this as it would cost us approx £2000 once we'd paid for both versions (IPhone/Android), had some minor customisation done and added it to the various App stores (paid their fees....). I've therefore added a poll to try and determine how much you'd be willing to pay/would consider appropriate for this 'must have' item!

Imagine the joys of having a Mr MH logo on your phone home screen ......

2. £2K!!! I had no idea of the cost, saying that I would happily pay for a snazzy functional Iphone app for Arrse. Can I have a nuke button for when Spaz and co post in the JU forum (I'll pay extra!).

3. Bad CO

I know ...... Of course if you could produce a cheaper one then I think there would be lots of forum owners who'd be keen to buy it off you! The other fun bit is that the Apple Store takes 30% of any income.

We'll also be looking at a 'lite' theme which looks much better on a mobile phone and is accessed through the normal browser. Whilst this will be ok I don't think it will be a patch on an App.

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

While you are at it, how about bringing back the Old n Bold Forum?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Could it not be funded by the app being a paid one? I like the tapatalk one but a proper arrse app would get my vote and my cash.

6. Bad CO

Erm I'm not really sure what a 'proper' ARRSE App would do that a rebranded Tapatalk one doesn't? Pse let me know what additional functionality you would expect?

7. I use the tapatalk app, works great. I only use it for Arrse.

8. Got anything that would work on a Blackberry?

9. A large hammer would work.

10. That's enough from you sprog!

11. I bought the tapatalk app for my Nexus, works fine ^^

12. Anything for Blackberry users? I dont want to be a fruit/ robot sheep.

13. Bit too late for that now.

14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

15. You sod Boss, now I have it on my blackberry I'm almost addicted to checking it every five minutes!