ARRSE IPhone/Android App

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by Bad CO, Sep 12, 2010.

?
  1. Nothing

21 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. Nothing (but have ads on it)

14 vote(s)
    17.7%
  3. £1

19 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. £2

13 vote(s)
    16.5%
  5. £3

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. £5

7 vote(s)
    8.9%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

An Iphone App for ARRSE has been asked for on a number of occasions but it is now something we are seriously looking at. It would effectively be a rebranded version of the excellent one produced by Tapatalk that I know a few people are already using.

[​IMG]

(Oh and I do know that isn't an IPhone ....)

Our big question concerns how we'd deploy this as it would cost us approx £2000 once we'd paid for both versions (IPhone/Android), had some minor customisation done and added it to the various App stores (paid their fees....). I've therefore added a poll to try and determine how much you'd be willing to pay/would consider appropriate for this 'must have' item!

Imagine the joys of having a Mr MH logo on your phone home screen ......

2. £2K!!! I had no idea of the cost, saying that I would happily pay for a snazzy functional Iphone app for Arrse. Can I have a nuke button for when Spaz and co post in the JU forum (I'll pay extra!).

3. Bad CO

I know ...... Of course if you could produce a cheaper one then I think there would be lots of forum owners who'd be keen to buy it off you! The other fun bit is that the Apple Store takes 30% of any income.

We'll also be looking at a 'lite' theme which looks much better on a mobile phone and is accessed through the normal browser. Whilst this will be ok I don't think it will be a patch on an App.

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

While you are at it, how about bringing back the Old n Bold Forum?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Could it not be funded by the app being a paid one? I like the tapatalk one but a proper arrse app would get my vote and my cash.

6. Bad CO

Erm I'm not really sure what a 'proper' ARRSE App would do that a rebranded Tapatalk one doesn't? Pse let me know what additional functionality you would expect?

7. I use the tapatalk app, works great. I only use it for Arrse.

8. Got anything that would work on a Blackberry?

9. A large hammer would work.

10. That's enough from you sprog!

11. I bought the tapatalk app for my Nexus, works fine ^^

12. Anything for Blackberry users? I dont want to be a fruit/ robot sheep.

13. Bit too late for that now.

14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

15. You sod Boss, now I have it on my blackberry I'm almost addicted to checking it every five minutes!