ARRSE IPhone/Android App

How much should we charge for an IPhone/Android App?

• Nothing

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Nothing (but have ads on it)

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • £1

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • £2

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • £3

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • £5

Votes: 7 8.6%

• Total voters
An Iphone App for ARRSE has been asked for on a number of occasions but it is now something we are seriously looking at. It would effectively be a rebranded version of the excellent one produced by Tapatalk that I know a few people are already using.

(Oh and I do know that isn't an IPhone ....)

Our big question concerns how we'd deploy this as it would cost us approx £2000 once we'd paid for both versions (IPhone/Android), had some minor customisation done and added it to the various App stores (paid their fees....). I've therefore added a poll to try and determine how much you'd be willing to pay/would consider appropriate for this 'must have' item!

Imagine the joys of having a Mr MH logo on your phone home screen ......

£2K!!! I had no idea of the cost, saying that I would happily pay for a snazzy functional Iphone app for Arrse. Can I have a nuke button for when Spaz and co post in the JU forum (I'll pay extra!).

I know ...... Of course if you could produce a cheaper one then I think there would be lots of forum owners who'd be keen to buy it off you! The other fun bit is that the Apple Store takes 30% of any income.

We'll also be looking at a 'lite' theme which looks much better on a mobile phone and is accessed through the normal browser. Whilst this will be ok I don't think it will be a patch on an App.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
While you are at it, how about bringing back the Old n Bold Forum?

Could it not be funded by the app being a paid one? I like the tapatalk one but a proper arrse app would get my vote and my cash.

Could it not be funded by the app being a paid one? I like the tapatalk one but a proper arrse app would get my vote and my cash.
Erm I'm not really sure what a 'proper' ARRSE App would do that a rebranded Tapatalk one doesn't? Pse let me know what additional functionality you would expect?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I bought the tapatalk app for my Nexus, works fine ^^

Anything for Blackberry users? I dont want to be a fruit/ robot sheep.

You sod Boss, now I have it on my blackberry I'm almost addicted to checking it every five minutes!

Even at only £1, that £2000 would surely be recovered quickly enough considering the number of members on here.

Please don't be tempted to try and keep the price down by having adverts as they rapidly become a major pain in the Arrse. I'd gladly pay a bit more if it meant no ads.

I'm not a techie, so please excuse me if this is a stupid idea: I know that a number of sites have a separate version of their site. This notices when the site is approached from a mobile phone browser and redirects the user. Isn't that a much simpler solution than an app?

I'd agree £1=2 would make the app. cheap enough to be a 'yeah I'll have that'!£3 and above I start to think 'do I really need another one?'

I have to say that I never think twice about getting an app under £1 (€0.79 is the norm here) but over €1.50 and I tend to not bother - psychological buying I guess.

I would say more units would shift with the lower price for a greater net profit than other options - but that is dependent on where the cash is going as I for one would think nothing of paying double the norm if I knew the extra was going to a good cause.

In general, I would also say that my least favourite apps are those with ads mainly because they take up valuable screen real estate and paying a slight premium to get shot of them is something I think is always a good idea.

Thanks to everyone for your comments & votes. Having had a long discussion about it I think we're going to go for the free (no ads) option and have started the process going to get the app developed. Of course if you subsequently like it and want to help then there is always the donate option!

Latest Threads