Arrse in the Times

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Trotsky, May 4, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Arrse gets an excellent write up in the times today with loads of juicy quotes...........

I am not internet savy enough to inset the link but it is the Libby Purves Column.

Trotsky

2. do i get a mention for supporting a relegated football team? and being so damn handsome? :wink:

3. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

4. Errrr if we could all just draw a discrete veil over the postal vote idea? 8O

Vote Arrse in 2005 :D

Oh and 'scuse Fingers for the cut and paste, all Copyright that damn fine Journalist Ms. Purves and the Times 2004.

[​IMG]

5. thanks for the link VB

6. Arrse members and their quoted (loosely) 15 seconds of fame in that article:

One_of_the_Strange:

Subsonic:

Polyglory:

Chickenpunk:

Subsonic (again):

Chickenpunk (again):

And so on...well done to all arrse members involved in seeking the truth! :D

7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

This is a part of the article that stood out for me (the italics are mine):

I wish someone would tell the Dear Leader.

New Labour - New Megalomania

8. great quote, wish more people would realise that its Queen and country and not PM and his place in history!!

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

It is also interesting that she picked up on the underfunding and overstretch issues affecting moral and balance of the forces, and that this could lead in the future to such incidents.

A very good article. And of course arrse is in it. :p

10. I wonder if Ms. Purves will put in a good word for me with the next Pop Idol auditions? I’ve 2500+ posts here on ARRSE and still no recognition. She could have at least published my Batman picture joke or stated there’s a handsome dude in the photo section. What does a bloke have to do around here to get famous?

11. Outstanding....however, how long before we see a DCI regarding use of chatroom websites to discuss service matters and a reminder of the applicable QRs regarding unauthorised contact with the media.... :x

I hope no-one is mug enough to use a work computer for this!

12. Allah Akbar! I've been quoted in the Times :p

13. Yes but she liked my bit best Bernoulli :D lol I believe she used the word "Evil" Muwahahahahahahhahahaa :twisted:

.....and so it begins 8O

14. Oh well if we are to be banned from posting at least we will go down having defended our honour as soldiers.

Lets hope higher sees this site as part of the attempt to educate journalists on military life, let's face it they need all the help they can get.

15. Well, excuse me PTP, but I note that she didn't describe your post as being "long and thoughtful"* nyanyanyanyanyanyanya I can't hear you! :lol:

* Which is odd, because my post was only three lines and a couple of links..