Arrse in the news

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bowser-Mong, Mar 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Page 19 in the Sunday Times (big pictures) arssers are quoted.
    Apologies to you all as I do not habe the facility to set up a link.
  2. Thanks Wellyhead
  3. Well, we always suspected journos were using this website for gossip and inside info - this confirms that they are keeping an eye on us for anything that can add spice or supposed credability to their stories. In this case it is a positive mention, but we know they are a sneaky bunch of c~nts who would sell thier grandmothers for a few bob
  4. As far as selective quoting goes we have little to complain of here. It was the general feeling of soldiers right up to the POD.

We need to get away from the feeling that the media are being sneaky with this site. That is naive thinking. We are a public site pure and simple. Nothing is private. I thought the quotes were good.
  5. Good call Birdie.
  6. A pretty good article. My favourite paragraph:

I do believe I am speechless!
  7. Listening to the R4 news at various times yesterday, the impression from the POD saying "he didn't say thank you" was one of handbags at dawn.
    The public very rarely thanks the military, so no immediate thanks from a peacenik to "rough violent men" wasn't a suprise, POD having a tizzy at such short notice was! The media would have chased kember to say thanks to the military, public military pique made it a bigger story.
  8. Well, when the next ones are lifted, I say we leave them in the tender mercies of their captors and see if their God comes and gets them out.

I know who I'd put my faith in...
  9. a little gratitude would go a long way, at least his wife is !, the peace group are not in the real world, such activities while noble is not consistent with the world, the islamist and "Insurgents" don't care about thses things , they are adventurers looking for a fight and hoping to make a bit of money on the side, not very Islamic if you ask me, so a peaceniks is just meat to them.

such idealism is best served helping the poor at home in a much safer enviroment, let the big boys do the real hard work in Iraq at least they are trained and equiped and is trying to make the best of it, hostage rescueing are diversions of valuable rescources and time.
  10. Reminds me of the joke about the guy caught in flooding waiting for God to rescue him.

Maybe we should point out that God sent the SAS. :wink:
  11. Sometimes God works in mysterious ways. Had it not been for the intervention of some dedicated and not to put it mildly, brave soldiers Mr Kember would now be meeting his maker.
    Gratitude does not go amiss on this occasion Mr Kember. You owe a lot. Time to repay the debt with a very public thanks, support for the forces is always welcome.

Over to you sir! 8)

12. Not possible - even he lacks the authority to task them.
  13. Bomb Doctor had his quote referenced.

Does anyone know how the two foreigners rescued acted? I can't seem to find much info on them, but apparently they were less than co-operative.
  14. Im sceptical about ever finding out how they were rescued but how the hell did they just raid a totally unguarded building and the insurgents not have ANYONE in the building or was it just no resistance found?