Arrse in the media

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Forces_Sweetheart, Aug 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not quite sure this is what happened in here but never let the facts get in the way of a paper-thin tale....

2. I’m sure this is a recent quote from that Blond_Bint character a month or two back :roll:
    Obviously a very professional journo wrote this.
    I wonder if he was a ginger?

3. Yep, sounds like proper Arrse-speak to me. :roll: [​IMG]

4. It strikes me as being very lazy, sloppy, and risky for a journos to quote people off the internet.
    They run the risk of quoting people who are unreliable sauces, which is exactly what has happened here :D

5. Especially as one can go back and edit one's posts to make them look right c*nts.. :)

6. I can't believe they quoted the biggest ARRSE troll on one her rants as reflecting the opinions of ARRSE or the Army

I bet she's an avid Express reader, the nucking futter

7. Should we send a copy of all her other posts to the editor? And the ones put in under her other alias?

8. This subject was discussed in another thread a few days back.

Is anyone aware of ARRSE or its users being warned about commenting on Harry? I would have thought there would be a big sticky somewhere on here warning us all if that were true.

One of us really should contact this journo and point out what utter rubbish he’s written.

9. ARRSE in the news again - Sunday Express

10. Actually, I have to break ranks here. I actually have received a PM warning me off abusing Harry.

11. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Woah there! We're talking journos: if they can cut and paste from the net, then it means they don't have to type it themselves and they can get down the pub five minutes quicker.

I wouldn't normally pick up on a trivial spelling error, particularly when it is a phonetic substitution like this, but I found it rather funny: are unreliable 'sauces' all apart from HP, OK and Heinz Tomato ketchup?

12. Quote this one journo's

LICK MY RINGPIECE!!!

13. I think we had the same problem some days ago. What a bone idle way to get a story

14. Everyone check your spelling, the journo's need to cut and paste. SCUM.

Couldn't the COs put a letter in the Express saying nothing of the sort had happened and to that end the Express was very similar to the Mirror in that in invented garbage for the masses. But we would accept some kind of apology and some dosh to go to soldier charities.

And to keep the servers running of course. If htey are going to take quotes off us, they could at least pay us.

15. Brutal irony. She'll probably start claiming to be a national treasure next, cos she's been quoted in the papers.