Arrse in the Media Vol 7 - Lord Gnomes Favourite Organ

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Goatman, Feb 17, 2007.

?
  1. Nothing to do with ARRSE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Just another jundi Britannee who should be left in peace

5.6%
  3. A wicked Sinner who will burn thro eternity....(cackle)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Lord Gnomes right hand minion

22.2%
  5. Me! Sod orf !

44.4%
  6. A slick American black propaganda op aimed at dragging us into a war with Persia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. having a laugh....

27.8%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

from Private Eye No1177

Hope Hislop and crew paid up front at standard NUJ rates for that one S-B - a nice little tax-free earner ? Beats the sh1t out of moonlighting as Door Security at Flares.....

I deduce that the writer is a frequent user of this forum: I have only ever seen the terms Septic ,Sandpit ( rather than the U.S term for Iraq as The Sandbox - which is where you put the kitty litter),Op Persian Freedom and Chimp-In-Chief here on ARRSE. Yanks tend to refer to Coalition Forces rather than 'the coalition'

If you are in theatre then you know better than me....the pix I saw of the 81mm rounds allegedly discovered had English markings....closely resembling those produced under licence from RO plc at the er.....Pakistan Ordnance Factory, amongst others.

The Iranian Arms factory AMIG has a website which details their products here.

81mm is pretty standard globally but the other calibre they manufacture is 120mm which fits French,Italian and Russian tubes IIRC ( any 3 Para mortarmen out there ?)

Le Chevre[/size]

2. Ref Square Basher Goatman I think that you are way, way behind the curve - and well done for attempting to expose somebodys persec.

3. yes he's on arrse. he's made himself known to a number of us a long time ago.

what's your point?

4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Jihadi, dont be a cnut.....the Eye that was in is two week's old...no attempt to screw anyone's persec on my part.

The other piece which is of interest is the story of how the News of the World screwed over L/Cpl Justin Smith who appeared in the BBC documentary 'Real Stories'. More power to Lord Gnome and crew: I would trust them more than any of the red-top lowlife scumbags.

I expect S-B is a big boy....Refer DCI Gen 200/04 pal......Private Eye falls within the scope.

Goatman

5. Oh all right then as you put it like that - you'll find that 'squarebasher' has been contributing to the 'eye' for a number of years and his Army slang has always been current.

6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

I await his PM with interest ! :)

Le Chevre

(from 'The News Quiz' : Red top headline of the week: ' Gay Sex Splits Bishops')

7. wouldn't hold your breath :)

8. Do you have a link for the L/Cpl Smith article, I have searched but to no avail.
    Cheers

9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Sure ..... buy a copy of last week's Private Eye ( 2 Feb-15 Feb) at Mister Rahman's Korner Shoppe, where it will be found under a pile of 'Ferret Fanciers Weekly '.........turn to page 7.......left hand column sardonically entitled

'HOW JOURNALISM WORKS Pt 94.

Gist:

'as soon as programme ended calls flooded in: the Times,Guardian,Indy,Sky and Mail on Sunday .

News of the Screws faxes a 'Contract' offering 15K pounds sterling for exclusive rights to local stringers South West News agency....acing out both Mail and the Sun who had offered 6K and 10K respectively

SWN reporter 'Lucy' spends day with hapless Lance-jack getting inside scoop...News of Screws subsequently reneges on deal, telling them that story only worth 1500 pounds at most....

Tailender from wife of Justin Smith

' I believe they only made that offer to get rid of the others. Maybe they never intended to pay it. They are really, really sh1tty people. I had no idea that was how journalists behaved'

Caveat Vendor

Don Cabra