ARRSE in the Independent

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CRmeansCeilingReached, Dec 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

3. Blimey, post on ARRSE - get quoted in the national press!!!

(not me I hasten to add)

The pen mightier than the sword?

4. I havent seen them post any of my stuff, and i thought the independent only printed crap, must try harder. :)

5. Kinda makes you wonder who all these 200+ "visitors" are on-line at the moment.....

6. wot youz sayin? is you makin' out that someof hour bezt jounolists are plague an risin' wot you writ, lurkin and lurnin bout the armee throu thees hal allowed pages, wen thez shood be down in the 'shot gettin it furst and.

(the new anti-quote filter)

7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

150 of them are Blondebint & her 'personallities'.... :p

8. Bad news AB2006. I ran your comment on the Daily Star grammar/spell checker, apart from your second comma is passed.

9. I know what they should be getting furst and

10. The independant is taking quite a shining to our little site, hasn't it..... one wonders, how long until they turn around and do the typically journalistic stab in the back...

11. Quite

12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

The Indy is notorious for having sacked most of its journalists, which means that it now has to gets its 'news' from the wire services (Reuters, AP, etc) or steal it from the Web. Which is where ARRSE comes in. We are 'authentic', 'genuine', up-to-the-minute, and of course, absolutely free. The Indy - avoid at all costs.

We also got a mention here in a Guardian blogger's report:
    http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/audrey_gillan/2006/12/post_768.html

13. What they tend not to mention of course is the fact that the vast majority of us are EX forces

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

That might be so Sven,but,collectivly, we do still know a hell of a lot more than the government! (and we care a lot more too!)