ARRSE in the Guardian Newspaper

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by GrumpyGit, Jul 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm not sure, from the link, what the article is trying to say - it appears to be a few random quotes without any context or scene setting?

Obviously, the use of language such as "the septics" and "religious nutters" will create a good impression of ARRSE Users. Unfortunately, whether we like it or not, the very selective use of quotes from totally annonymous sources (some of whom have no connection whatsoever to the real military - or in some cases the real world!) will be taken by some as a pseudo-official view.

2. Hats off to the gentlemen, though FSJ may jib at that word.

I see that they baulked at using the word 'septic'. preferring to interpret this as 'sceptic'. TBH, not a word that I would use, as most of the Yanks that I have worked with have been top guys. Still, I don't rule the world.

3. More importantly what is an ARRSER reading the Grauniad on a Sunday when they should be doing something for more worthwhile

4. Looking for spelling errors, obviously. :D

5. And it's Monday today! (the day I read it!)

6. Do they still make and sell those newspaper thingies then?

7. Yes, it's a job creation scheme for lazy lying fuckwits whose concept of investigative journalism is a cut and paste job from Arrse.

8. So nothing has changed then! :D

9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

So, we either continue saying exactly what we think, and damned the hindmost, or we make ARRSE a completely anodyne on-message Government and MOD-friendly mouthpiece.

I prefer the former.

10. That's exactly what I was thinking, too, Tom.

MsG

11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Poor old Grauniad must be in a right old dither now. Afghans are not white so they must be victims being oppressed by white imperialist threfore good. Then again they oppress wimmin so bad. then again they supply drugs (publicly bad but privately good as long as its for the consumption of the Islington elite and not the unwashed)...

Brown (an idiot) is clearly as much use as a chocolate fire guard so supporting him just looks foolish, but can't support Cameron becasue he's a toff and the Tories are nasty and if they get in they might cut down on the sort of freeloader jobs that Gaurdianista's do.

I know lets cut and paste from ARRSE because some one is saying something we want to say but are too gutless to simply write as our own opinion.

12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well said BA. I wonder if the Gruniad will publish that one :D

13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

They are so confused and scared right now, they just might!

14. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I wonder how they would spell BuggerAll?