• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

ARRSE in Soldier Magazine

Does anyone know why ARRSE is not mentioned in the web watch feature each month in Soldier magazine? Is this a result of an official snub to this site? Perhaps Bad and/or Good CO could shed some light on this taxing and highly debateable topic.

G

Goku

Considering how main stream this site is becoming, I doubt the COs really need to advertise in soldier mag :wink:

does anybody get any feedback from the chain of command on how arrse / use of arrse is regarded? only mention i have ever known is when people started mentioning things that should not be bandied about. OC read us the riot act.

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
does anybody get any feedback from the chain of command on how arrse / use of arrse is regarded? only mention i have ever known is when people started mentioning things that should not be bandied about. OC read us the riot act.
I am reliably informed our previous Director was known to peruse occasionally.

Goku said:
I bet they all read the poo and mong threads.
I think they just want to know what we are all saying about them :D

On the general theme, we did make an approach to Soldier a couple of years ago and they politely told us to foxtrot oscar as I recall, but were happy for us to PAY(!) to take out an advert. It is, after all, the official good-news propaganda rag of the British Army where the troops love going on ops, the kit works, the pay arrives, the families are happy, and big pink fairy elephants jump over the moon......... (anyone surprised they didn't want to publicise a web site where soldiers anonymously talk about how sh1te the kit is, how knackered they are, how their pay is as screwed as their promotion prospects, and how pump the CoC can be?)

does anybody get any feedback from the chain of command on how arrse / use of arrse is regarded? quote]

My unit had a visit from the green slime about six months ago for a security lecture and ARRSE was mentioned on that, as in "Don't go on it, don't look on it" it is full of spies! Was quite proud cos there was me and one other person who had heard of it! However, the folowing week, EVERYBODY in the unit had paid a visit to the site!! Well advertised by MI!!!!!!

MightyBigEgo said:
does anybody get any feedback from the chain of command on how arrse / use of arrse is regarded? quote]

My unit had a visit from the green slime about six months ago for a security lecture and ARRSE was mentioned on that, as in "Don't go on it, don't look on it" it is full of spies! Was quite proud cos there was me and one other person who had heard of it! However, the folowing week, EVERYBODY in the unit had paid a visit to the site!! Well advertised by MI!!!!!!
Thats a bit rich considering most of the threads seem to have considerable slime input

edited once because i am stupid

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
MightyBigEgo said:

ARRSE is dripping in slime! Maybe Good/Bad CO paid the MI geezers to say that. Reverse Psychology perhaps?

On my WOQC we had MCM Div come down to give us a talk and were told that they kept an eye on ARRSE to gauge whats really happening on the ground.

Morning Sir, hope you are OK! :wink:

An officer I know monitors the site for some reason or another, OPSEC I believe, and said along the lines of "I think we will see some big changes there if not closed down..."

My blurted reply along the lines of "But what will I do at work?!" was met with "Just be careful what you post as I now know you use the site".

I hope I have outwitted the powers that be as, check this out, tearsbeforebedtime isn't my real name!

Cunning as a very cunning thing...

The quotes may or may not be verbatim in order to preserve my arrse.

There are worse websites than this for Opsec breaches (in fact I think this site is probably the lowest due to moderation) most of the Regt/Corp websites tell the duty terrorist what they need to know, along with Soldier Magazine, The Army List, Govt leaks, misplaced MOD laptops and soldiers flogging stories and 'Tour' DVDs and photos to journos.

Im suprised that we havent won an award for Web based Op and Per Sec!

I mentioned in the Federation thread that Soldier, whilst reporting the crony Lord Drayson's very carefully-worded reply to a question on the formation of a fed, failed to feature the fact that it had made the front page of two major papers - perhaps because the stories highlighted some uncomfortable truth. Regular readers will also have seen Soldier's happy-happy stories about Ministers encouraging service personnel to register to vote, having signally failed to report the failure of government and Mod to ensure those on ops could vote, and the reason why electoral registration was brought to the fore - ARRSE!

I mentioned in the Federation thread that Soldier, whilst mentioning the crony Lord Drayson's very carefully-worded reply to a question on the formation of a fed, failed to feature the fact that it had made the front page of two major papers - perhaps because the stories highlighted some uncomfortable truth. Regular readers will also have seen Soldier's happy-happy stories about Ministers encouraging service personnel to register to vote, whilst signally failing to report the failure of government and Mod to ensure those on ops could vote, and the reason why electoral registration was brought to the fore - ARRSE!

Latest Threads