ARRSE Has Talent!

OK, so I've taken one pace forward and will be collating a list of ARRSErs and their (relevant! 8O ) skills, but I thought it would be worth putting in here what we think our skills are.

I'm a project managing admin guru. Shameful as it is, I admit to making wonderful spreadsheets, project plans and generally keeping ducks in their rows... :oops: I'm not particularly great at schmoozing people (or threatening / blackmailing them! 8O ), so whilst I'm happy to make initial contacts with corporate sponsors and so on via email / letter, if it comes to talking the talk, I'd hand that over to MDN or Fluffster.

Including us, we have 54 volunteers covering the whole country (and some offers of help when they're back in the UK from folks in Germany and Cyprus), so it's a good start. Most are on for general help, i.e. a bit of DIY, offers to drive around, but we have a few specific skills too and people with links to SSAFA and the RBL.

I've also posted the following to stop some of our more unhinged members thinking that they'll be getting their hooks into vulnerable people:

DozyBint said:
Reference the offers we've received on here and in PMs about counselling and being a listener, whilst it's a lovely thought, we feel it would be best to leave that sort of thing to Combat Stress, the RBL and SSAFA - SSAFA especially being for the families as well.