ARRSE -- Happy 10th Birthday

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Dec 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Not sure how many people are aware but ARRSE will be 10 years old in a couple of weeks time. We did consider inviting you all over for a party with jelly, ice cream and naked ladies but frankly our admin isn't that good! Also you probably wouldn't like it .........

Anyway, I just thought we shouldn't let this fairly momentous event go by without notice. We certainly never imagined that the thing we created as a bit of a joke in my spare bedroom would end up lasting as long, or proving as popular, as it has. Of course, our role in this has largely been technical and the factor that makes ARRSE are the people who use it.

A couple of threads that may of interest to those want to know a bit more about the site:

• Like Like x 13
  2. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Time goes too quickly, cracking to see the site develop.

Good CO said he had to carry you alot of the time but its worked out well.

Happy birthday

3. Party? Naked ladies? Where........?!!

4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Absolutely spot on .... mind you, I do have a real job....

5. I didn't realise it had been this long! And I'm only on my 3rd account (must try harder, must try harder, must try harder)

Well done to everyone that "works" behind the scenes to keep it running.

I heard a rumour that Smudge67 is holding a multi-cultural party to make-up for his missgivings.

• Like Like x 1
  6. 10 whole years??? Congratulations! Happy Birthday and all the best for the next 10!

7. Will there be a bus load of nurses at the party?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Happy Arrse day.

• Like Like x 2
  9. The history is inaccurate. There is no mention of tropper who invented ARRSE. And the internet. And computing.

• Like Like x 7
  10. So I stiil have to wait 6 whole years before you're legal and I can smash your back doors in then!

11. Happy Birthday ARRSE! Cracking site where you can meet like minded people and mock them!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Perhaps a 'decades best' forum, where the best topic from each thread is placed inside and locked.

A bonus if its a winner and creates more work for the bone idle site owners :)

13. Lightweight.

Happy Birthday ARRSE!!!!!

14. Happy ARRSEmas.

15. Gawd help us when it becomes a teenager.......... rude, offensive, arrogant, churlish, obnoxious.......... hang on??? :?

• Like Like x 2