ARRSE Government

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by duckula, Oct 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It has been suggested, on another thread in current affairs, that perhaps members of ARRSE would make a good alternative to the current , and indeed any future government. To save clogging up that thread with outlandish policy claims and statements, what do you think to an ARSSE political party.
    I have a sneaky feelin Werewolf has his eye on "Lord High Protector" and Combat-Baby is a front runner for Minister for Justice at the moment.
    Make some policies, sell the party line, lets face it, we can't do a worse job can we?
  2. Would it be possible to put me down for Norn Iron Secretary? If not, then I want to be an astronaut.

3. Sold! to the pasty looking Vegan :wink:
  4. It's been done before but here goes ;

I would like to nominate myself as Official Hangman on the grounds that my Grandfather was a member of the same Licensed Victuallers Association as Albert Pierrepoint.

Thanks in advance.
  5. We would need to have a manifesto under the following headings some listed below for starters. We would also need a cabinet as well.

Law and Order
    Foreign Policy
    Armed Forces
  6. As long as it's more sincere than Gordon "day we put on record our gratitude for the Armed Forces" Brown!
  7. You forgot Minister for Hanging People.

That's mine.
  8. Didn't know that and really couldn't be arsed trawling through hundreds of threads to find out, so apologies for repeating it. But it's cropped up elsewhere so it might still have some milage.
  9. We started this one some time ago here.

Here was my Manifesto:

Make of it what you will!
  10. I'll be Minister for Sport. I intend to introduce the sport of Chav Hunting.
  11. That's OK, it crops up from time to time.

We need a Minister of Torture as well.
    Perhaps that Combat_Baby person could do it?
  12. Well in that case i baggsy deputy first minister!
  13. I'm easy; either Home Secretary or DG of the Fingermen/ARRSE Einsatzkommando. :D
  14. I baggsy Immigration. Like the manifesto not much to argue with there.
  15. I have strong concerns that Combat-Baby may enjoy that job too much, perhaps a role as Under-Minister for Torture may be more approriate. More an advisory role, that way at least the rats stand a fighting chance. (see reese jones thread)