ARRSE Gets More Hits than army.mod.uk

#1
It seems that ARRSE is the most popular UK military website bar none.

Who would have thought it a few years ago? Thanks all, and also thanks to those currently making use of this success for charity.
 
#2
Good CO said:
It seems that ARRSE is the most popular UK military website bar none.

Who would have thought it a few years ago? Thanks all, and also thanks to those currently making use of this success for charity.
Dad, what are the stats of ARRSE vs Armynet?

<<runs away and sniggers>>
 
#4
Dont know where else to put this.
Ive always been proud of having been a squaddie,but over the last week,having laughed my head of,cried like a baby been angry and sad.
Im even more proud to be part of such an amazing group of people.
Not once has anyone said"is it real"."can you trust him".
That would not have happened outside of here
 
#7
I'd like to stick "UK's most popular military website" in the header banner, but before I do can anyone else think of any contenders? It would be bloody embarrasing to have to remove it again.
 

elovabloke

ADC
Moderator
#8
chimera said:
Minor difference is that everyone logged on to ArmyNet is in the Army.
You make the same assumptions as ArmyNet unless you count us old farts as still in. In which case good help us 8) I log in to ArmyNet quite often in the mistaken hope that someone who knows what they are talking about provides some answers.
 
#10
I just checked on Alexa. ArmyNet is tiny by comparison. Of course if someone at ArmyNet would take up our offer of promoting it for free then we might be able to help change that. It still amazes me that this has never been accepted, but that's another story.
 
#15
Good CO said:
I'd like to stick "UK's most popular military website" in the header banner, but before I do can anyone else think of any contenders? It would be bloody embarrasing to have to remove it again.
Just do as the Carlsberg advert, they get away with making crappy lager :wink: .

ARRSE Probably UK's MOST POPULAR WEBSITE

Keep up the good work lads, lasses and MDN in the MOD world and have a John Smiths and a glass of Glenmorangie on me.
 
#16
Good CO said:
Of course if someone at ArmyNet would take up our offer of promoting it for free then we might be able to help change that. It still amazes me that this has never been accepted, but that's another story.
As you know, every single communication I sent was roundly ignored. Exactly the same drill regarding 'Vitalground'. As you say - amazing.
 
#17
Good CO said:
I'd like to stick "UK's most popular military website" in the header banner, but before I do can anyone else think of any contenders? It would be bloody embarrasing to have to remove it again.
i would hazard a guess that www.freeporn.com gets more hits from the military community!
 
#19
WOIII said:
Good CO said:
I'd like to stick "UK's most popular military website" in the header banner, but before I do can anyone else think of any contenders? It would be bloody embarrasing to have to remove it again.
i would hazard a guess that www.freeporn.com gets more hits from the military community!
I was only looking for educational purposes to be able to advise the young lads honest. :oops:
 
#20
Good CO said:
I just checked on Alexa. ArmyNet is tiny by comparison. Of course if someone at ArmyNet would take up our offer of promoting it for free then we might be able to help change that. It still amazes me that this has never been accepted, but that's another story.
This is interesting, but slightly incorrect. At the last count ARRSE had 33,111 registered users; ArmyNET is about to break the 150,000 mark.

What's more, the majority of ArmyNET users are military or ex-military - a fact that presents a stark contrast to the ARRSE polls that were run in Dec (although by having a maximum hit rate of 550-ish responses these cannot claim any real providence, anyway). ArmyNET is secure and trusted and concentrates on providing a crucial service to Army personnel both at home and on deployment.

As it it obvious that ArmyNET is flourishing just nicely (thank you very much) it may be more appropriate for the promotion to flow in the opposite direction. We look forward to your call.
 

Latest Threads