Arrse for iPhone?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by JoeGeorgeLong, Feb 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Might be a nice idea, especially since some of they people I've chatted to say they would be willing to pay for it. Can't be that difficult to do, can it?

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Nope it's not difficult, it requires about 7 minutes to figure out how to use RSS feeds to follow arrse :)

3. I lost you at RSS :D

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I keep promising ARRSE for mobile devices and it is under way. Watch this space for a bit longer.

5. I just use the Safari browser and I can happily sit reading/posting on Arrse wherever I am. Does it need it's own app?

6. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I've tried using a blackberry to read arrse, but can never get it to load the 2nd or subsequent pages of a thread. A mobile Arrse would be nice

7. Seems to work for me.

8. Unfortunately, when there are lots of quotes it becomes rather difficult to read, especially on a blackberry. Even a streamlined version would go down well I think and money could be made for Arrse in the respect of paying £1.99 and offering some limited advertising space.

9. Good idea, I'm happy to pay a small fee for this feature.

Osta

10. I think that if anything liike this ws to be done it should suit both the blackberry and iPhone. I expect that lots of people in the forces have either one (maybe as a ''good'' idea to organise ones hectic schedule'

Sorry if that sounded pretentious/waltish/dickheadish but you must excuse me; I am rather new to this whole thing

11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

It doesn't need its own app, but a small screen friendly and slow-connection-friendly site would be good. I have an android phone with an excellent browser, pinch zoom and so on and I find it a bit awkward and slow to read ARRSE, especially if on 3G or GSM. For people on blackberrys and so on it's a real pain. Many blackberries don't have 3G for a start.

12. Also on android, and it can be a pain. It's page size more than anything else though

13. I have no problems using it on my phone *smug smug smug* but then, I have a Palm thingamajig.

I told you - don't expect technical from me... 8)

14. Fully agreed. Anyone who uses an iPhone or a Blackberry deserves the limitations they have brought upon themselves. My Nokia (5800 XpressMusic) shows my Arrse perfectly well, though ArrseLite (without those tiresome signature blocks for starters) would be good for the times when I have a slow connection (more on my extremely fragile dii than on my phone).

15. Works great on my Nokia N900. Exactly the same as the main site it is. Those that want to read Arrse on their mobile, will most likely have a modern phone capable of this wont they?