ARRSE Flutters

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
What was the result of your tips then and how much did you win?

One of his horses came in 2nd @14/1 (£1.25 EW stake)
One of his horses was out of the prices (£1.25 EW stake)

Total of £5 bet.

EW at 1/4 = £3.50 return (14/4 x 1.25) plus stake of £1.25 =£4.75 a total loss of 25p

If (I know, I know) he had spent his £5 on a £2.50 Forecast on that race, (picking the first two horses) he would have pocketed £335.73. Which is why I prefer forecast betting.

Last edited:
I’ll put a tip up on Saturday mate, put your lottery stake on that.
You have more chance of winning.
The lottery the tax on people who don't understand mathematics.
It's exactly like premium bonds, except you lose your money.

Who doesn't stick £5 on the grand national?
The first ( and only ) bet I have ever made was on a horse, at the Grand National, it was a 'dead cert' etc and I had a spare fiver.

Either it fell at the first or the race was stopped and cancelled, cant remember.

I never bet after that.

30+ years on I am going to put £10 on Ivanka Trump (50/1) and £10 on Candace Owens (66/1) to win the 2024 US Elections.

If neither enter - no problem.
If either win - the proceeds will be put behind the bar for anyone who wants to celebrate that win.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
My mother in law was big into horse racing. She owned quite a few race horses including a share in a derby winner. I’m talking Royal Ascot, not the 1215 at Scunthorpe.

We’re still trying to shift the last few now. As it currently stands me and my missus are officially race horse owners, but hopefully not for much longer.

My experience thus far has been that the entire thing is corrupt as ****. Everyone is on the fiddle from the breeders to the trainers to the bookies to the jockeys.

I fondly recall going into a scabby as **** bookies in Newcastle with the MiL once to watch one of her horses run. It was a sure thing apparently, the horse had “fantastic form” and was perfectly suited to this type of race. It was pretty much guaranteed to win. Sheikh something or other from Dubai had just bought this horse’s sister and it had won some big race somewhere.

This info was coming from a woman who devoted her entire life to race horses. She really didn’t do a lot except watch horse racing. She even missed one of my kid’s birthdays because there was a race on telly that she needed to watch. You’d think she of all people would know if this horse was gonna win and she was pretty sure it would.

****** came dead last.

The lottery the tax on people who don't understand mathematics.
It's exactly like premium bonds, except you lose your money.
Its nothing like the premium bonds, you have a 1 in 10 chance of winning something on the lottery, you have a 1 in 34500 chance of winning something on the premium bonds.

When you see the lice infested vermin queueing to spunk their benefits on them, it's easy to see why they are called scratch cards.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
My mother in law was big into horse racing. She owned quite a few race horses including a share in a derby winner. I’m talking Royal Ascot, not the 1215 at Scunthorpe.

We’re still trying to shift the last few now. As it currently stands me and my missus are officially race horse owners, but hopefully not for much longer.

My experience thus far has been that the entire thing is corrupt as ****. Everyone is on the fiddle from the breeders to the trainers to the bookies to the jockeys.

I fondly recall going into a scabby as **** bookies in Newcastle with the MiL once to watch one of her horses run. It was a sure thing apparently, the horse had “fantastic form” and was perfectly suited to this type of race. It was pretty much guaranteed to win. Sheikh something or other from Dubai had just bought this horse’s sister and it had won some big race somewhere.

This info was coming from a woman who devoted her entire life to race horses. She really didn’t do a lot except watch horse racing. She even missed one of my kid’s birthdays because there was a race on telly that she needed to watch. You’d think she of all people would know if this horse was gonna win and she was pretty sure it would.

****** came dead last.
Yep, exactly.

Used to live on the Hants / Berks borders and watch the gee gees out along the gllops top of the real Watership Down. Our company used to work for a lot of the bigger stables and I very occasionally got called on for carting spare parts & tools to the yards if they were in my area [basically Newbury to Andover-ish but occasionally up to Wantage & Lambourn]. I don't give a stuff about horses but was more than happy to chat up the stable girls given the chance so occasionally hung around.

The only people who make money out of the nags are the trainers who are paid exorbitant amounts of money to look after their prized donkeys. You will never see a poor trainer.

Best of it is that they get volunteers [mostly young ladies] who will groom and muck out, without or for negligible pay, for the chance of getting the odd ride.

****** came dead last.
Put her in touch. Seriously, I can double her money.

Biggish

Clanker
The offer in my OP still stands, if anyone would like a fancy on an upcoming race, please PM:
64DF4925-86E2-4B62-BEFF-77DBEFE1575D.png

Biggish

Clanker
ETA:
These are my returns from an initial £5 stake over the last week.
My original post was not intended to entice anyone to gamble, and I never bet more than £5 initially.
2 unsuccessful £5 bets, and I’ll leave it for the next day.
But for context. I had this one today, and I’ll explain the rationale behind it:
0CEBD3EF-1955-4261-99A0-DC6C3DD352AD.png

I have no “system” but I spend 20 minutes looking at the information available.
When the champion jump jockey hops on to a 33/1 shot at Ludlow, on a horse that has just had a wind operation, etc.
The screenshot previously is what I’ve banked in the last week from an initial £5 bet to start with.
My flippant “when the fun stops” etc. in the original post was probably a bit condescending on reflection.
I don’t give much of a **** if you’ve never had a bet etc; that’s up to you. But the tiresome virtue signalling shouldn’t prevent the potential for random people to rinse a bookie or two.
0CEBD3EF-1955-4261-99A0-DC6C3DD352AD.png

Last edited:
Right, I just need to get another five hundred people to each give a bookie £5 so one of them can "win" £100 back.

And this is called "rinsing the bookie"?

I can see why you're so desperate, mate.

Right, I just need to get another five hundred people to each give a bookie £5 so one of them can "win" £100 back.

And this is called "rinsing the bookie"?

I can see why you're so desperate, mate.
He's desperate because he's addicted to gambling.

The weak ****.

Put her in touch. Seriously, I can double her money.
You know, I may be just a tad wide of the the mark but I suspect you may be flogging a dead horse here...

...I think the clue is in the 'was'. ↓↓↓

My mother in law was big into horse racing.

Perhaps you could double my money instead. Is there an upper limit to how much of my money you can double? I have around £2k in the house just now so if you send me £4k just to prove you can do what you claim to do ...

Rab_C

LE
My Mrs and I save all our shrapnel {loose change} in a jar, about every 6 months,
we nip down to Looe and blow all the 2p coins in the arcade, just the 2p mind,
we wouldn't want to overspend that would never do.
If gamblers made money there would be any betting shops
Just seen this, we do the same, how much plastic crap do you come home with?

Latest Threads