ARRSE Facelift

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Just so you don't think we're entirely pre-occupied with our new venture I thought you might like a sneak preview of some minor tweaks we're making to the way ARRSE looks. Good CO is working on it as we speak but you can see that we've cleaned up the way the site looks, added a bit of MTP and make the colours a bit fresher (our opinion).

2. It's crap - none of the links work!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I would welcome the option of viewing an entire multi-page thread by scrolling down just one page, without signature blocks etc. This would be so useful when finding a thread already has many pages to plough through before you can catch up with it. Particularly when a page may just be full of one liners but takes a while to load anyway. Just to be able to scroll down through the dross and get to the meat of a thread without fuss. As sometimes it's like having extra advert breaks spoiling a film, if you get my drift.
  4. HHH

HHH LE

In your settings you can switch off sig blocks and increase the number of posts per page.
  5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Good idea, but it would need to be a bit more sophisticated than just all in one go. Can you imagine viewing the spammers thread? Or trying to view it on anything without much memory? Also there are threads where our server couldn't generate the whole thing in one hit.

What may be good in something that refreshed and loaded as you scrolled, like the Android app. I've just had a look at modifications that do this, as it's not something we would do in-house, and no joy. I think it's something we will have to live without for now.

I would think the best solution is to follow HHH's advice and adjust your settings as you prefer. In chunks of 40 posts you wouldn't need to view many pages on most threads, especially if only a catch up.
  6. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Under thread tools you can use the Print View which allows you to read up to 40 posts per page.
  7. Righty oh, I'll take a look at my settings and see what I can do.
  8. I can see that links are now a light blue colour, but they don't stand out very much.

Can we have them underlined again?
  9. If you change the settings (bottom left of the page) to ARRSE 2012 it makes all the light blue stuff go away.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I like the new design. I'd just like the links underlined.

Also, Mr Mushroom Head has lost his colour.
  11. Not keen on the ads in the threads now either
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Me neither. ******* horrible.
  13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Just noticed that this morning as well and like yourself I am not keen. I assume that this is something that has slipped in unnoticed by Good CO (whoever left him in the room again with the server still logged in? ! :) ).

It seems to be the last post in a thread picks up a google ad which makes the post look ridiculous - haven't seen a post with an image fighting for space with an ad but I am sure it won't be pretty.

IMHO it should be disposed of asap or it will just encourage people to use adblockers, thus taking potential revenue from the site.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Just seen Snail's advice and changed to ARRSE 2012 which seems to have sorted the issue.
  15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Dunno if this is meant to happen - it just seems to have started today. Like this...

*Edit* happens in last post in thread.

View attachment 77604

And yes. The irony did not escape me.
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.