ARRSE explained

That's a pretty damning indictment of the Carrots lifestyle, I have to say...

People who have, for more than three months, stayed online for fun more than six hours per day with symptoms of showing no interest in other things and feeling restless if stopped from using the Internet, could be diagnosed as having Internet addiction.

Have you been affected by the issues raised in this article? If so, post here and have the pish ripped unmercifully as per SOP.

I could stop any time I wanted. I just don't want to.

Another quote from the same article:

Fears were raised that Internet addicts could avoid their liability for committing crimes if the addiction was defined as a mental problem.

A young male Internet addict in Sichuan killed his parents and was sentenced to death in December 2007. Family members appealed his conviction earlier this month on the grounds that he was suffering from a mental problem, after the Internet disorder diagnostic manual was released.
Where's the ARRSE "Get out of jail free" card?

Going cold turkey seems to be the only alternative and I'm not sure the cure is better than the disease. Certainly not as funny.

I wonder how much mileage there'd be in a British court. Surely it's only a matter of time before someone tries the defence, "Some anonymous folk on an internet chatroom told me to do it". People are already getting blamed for inciting suicides via the internet, so why not take the argument to its logical conclusion.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I am not addicted to t'internet and ARRSE. I can stop whenever I want and have done hundereds of times. 8)