ARRSE Donations and the Mention in ARRSE award

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Dec 20, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

(Edir 2 Feb: I've decided not to continue adding every name to this list as donators are obvious by their rank and there are too many to make this list useful. The thank you to supporters of course applies to all whether on the list or not!)

Many thanks to those who've donated money to support this fine institution. I've decided to award the "mention in ARRSE" oak leaf cluster on the rank medals as a public thank you. Current holders:

BFG9000
    Soldier Why
    The Lord Flasheart
    BlackHand
    Blond Bint
    Boney M
    Dextrose
    Ex-dvr1
    Gunny Highway
    Jezebel
    Landie_Bashir
    one_flew_over
    TURP

As a reminder to everyone ARRSE has cost a fair amount over the last 2 years and is still running at an unhealthy loss (despite bargain hosting from Merula) and this does not include any allowance for man hours, internet connection bills etc. Please feel free to multiply the hours you waste on ARRSE each week by $1000 or so and send off the national-debt-of-mexico result using the paypal donate link on the front page.

Oh, and as an added incentive you'll automatically end up with 5 GSMs because I'm far to lazy to create 1,2,3 and 4 with oak leaves. Think of all the time you'll save by not having to write 1000 posts to obtain eternal glory.

2. I've got a "Mention in ARRSE", I've got a "Mention in ARRSE" !! I've got a oak leaf cluster !! 8)

Whens the awards ceremony? I need to get my hair done, and buy a new suit......................

3. Check your paypal - theres a token of my appreciation on its way to you. Its not that much, the kids must eat :wink:

And thanks for the MIA, i'm choked (or fcuking well should be for donating according to the missus) :D :D :D

4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

No sooner mentioned than the medals are in the post! No waiting for months and months for the Queen to bother her arrse to 'approve' a new medal on this website!!

5. Gunny - just remember a government funded lentileating,ginger/bald jock has shamed all those others as well by paying in some of my hard earned dole money :D

I'm afraid i can't afford a new suit for the award cermony, but luckily don't require haircut :D

I love all those new medals i got as well :)

6. Medals ....oak leaf cluster? How absolutely splendid ..AND an excuse to buy a new outfit! :D

7. Me CS95 needs this great honour and I am prepared to part with hard earned cash as I haven't had as much fun since Grandma got her left tit caught etc. A small point. And probably a dim one. But then I am. Once the Paypal thingy is processed how dya know it's me? Or is this just a very devious way you gits in the Mod / Admin cupboard are 'outing' us so you can see justice is done on our OJARs?

Yours, in fellowship and grubbiness

MPS

8. Err, how about saying on the paypal thing, this is so an so (insert user name). Not rocket science mate or even a devious way of catching you out.

If you are a bit dim, I have a load of stuff you can use paypal for. I have some exclusive, never used, original air for sale that was once used by Adolf Hitler. It's quite cheap considering it's rarity.

Also Air Guitar for sale, one owner, hardly used, good condition £70. Interested?

9. A straight jacket maybe?

10. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

As Lord F says, all you have to do is include a message along the lines of ' this is from MPS'. As for affecting your OJARs, well if I'm in the unlikely position of writing yours it definitely isn't going to have a negative effect is it!!

11. Soldier_Why

Soldier_Why LE Moderator

Have just sent a small donation in appreciation.

Didn't see anywhere on the page to include a message though, so if it doesn't include the e-mail address (soldierwhy@soldierwhy.com), then you know that whatever you receive(d) in the last/next 5 minutes was from me.

A belated merry Xmas from a grateful punter. :D

12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Received, many thanks, e-mail to follow. Please find oakleaves attached!

13. What does one get if one donates again?

14. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

A big christmas kiss?

15. Suits me, hunky boy !