Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Arrse coup d'état.

Re: my earlier post, said gentleman went on to form Seychelles only private security company and was arrested in the 90's for another failed coup attempt. Seems he didn't learn first time round.

As mentioned by Dark Nit post 19 we will need a stock of THAT RIFLE and a supply 7.62, bayonets needed also? berets to be worn Andy Cap style with badge over left ear ole? DP's of various vintage from participants lofts or local boot sale to be provided by individuals themselves to save cost?

Greenland? I've just checked out the women. I'm out.

View attachment 440111
I thought about Iceland, yes, but the lack of rare earth resources was what swung it for me, and their economy has been increasingly reliant on tourism since the banking unpleasantness.

Greenland was also settled by Vikings and as such it would be upholding tradition for ARRSErs to go Iceland and steal their women as required. Also their horses so we can have a little cavalry - much easier to maintain than tanks and less environmentally damaging.

I'm afraid I'm missing your point with the lady sheep farmer - she's a tall skinny woman with wrinkles from working outdoors (and both I and @Grownup_Rafbrat can look in the mirror for that), but that is a fine jumper she's wearing.

Iceland has a much higher super model incidence than Greenland
Natural resources? the potential is there
Geo-thermal power and Hydro power sold to the UK/Europe via Icelink - Wikipedia
Offshore drilling in the Dreki is possible, though its in in a better area than where Cairn Energy punched a couple of dusters

I'm in I will provide comms, as long as I have A)9X9 B) blue flame and kettle C) Sven Hassel boxed set D)Nothing involving actual combat cos of my bad knee.

I hate to ruin your childhood, but if you succeed, it'll be the shortest coup in the history of coups. The Seychelles (and indeed every island in the Indian Ocean) will be under water very soon due to climate change - Greta told me. Your whole resup chain will depend on a fleet of submarines, which are very expensive.

I suggest South Africa. It's rich in natural resources and has a submissive population (with the right kind of leadership). You can build a Trumpian wall along the northern border to keep out economic migrants from the rest of Africa and the EU. The southern border is already protected by very large, sharp-toothed aquatic mercenaries, negating the need for an expensive navy and keeping out the hordes of economic migrants from Antarctica.
I am doing a cruise from South Africa via the Seychelles (and Reunion, Maldives etc.) soon. I could recce the various targets (especially the bars) if that is any help.

I'm in I will provide comms, as long as I have A)9X9 B) blue flame and kettle C) Sven Hassel boxed set D)Nothing involving actual combat cos of my bad knee.
can I be in your det? I can provide fridge, comfy quilts and stack of soiled used jiz mags (not all pages stuck together)

images.jpeg.jpg

Ready to start training...

You will not enjoy it

I thought about Iceland, yes, but the lack of rare earth resources was what swung it for me, and their economy has been increasingly reliant on tourism since the banking unpleasantness.

Greenland was also settled by Vikings and as such it would be upholding tradition for ARRSErs to go Iceland and steal their women as required. Also their horses so we can have a little cavalry - much easier to maintain than tanks and less environmentally damaging.

I'm afraid I'm missing your point with the lady sheep farmer - she's a tall skinny woman with wrinkles from working outdoors (and both I and @Grownup_Rafbrat can look in the mirror for that), but that is a fine jumper she's wearing.

I’m up for it, but can we ensure we bring some real women, ones with a few curves?

Not only pleasing to the eye, but useful in colder climbs for body warmth.

Basically, if you’re taking fatties I’m in....

Your invasion plan has one fatal flaw, the British Soldier.
As soon as you land, all your troops will take one look at their surroundings and loudly exclaim (in the ubiquitous soldier way) “This is fxcking sh!t!”, chin off the invasion and hit the beaches and the cocktails