ARRSE Clay Shoot

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by mediumwhiteamericano, May 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello folks,

I am looking to organise a Clay Shoot over the next couple of months down south in Pirbright. However, before I get too excitied and start to sweat I thought I'd ask the obvious question...

Who's up for it?

It would be a standard 100 bird shoot open to all skill levels with prizes for 1/2/3 placed gun. Everyone is welcome (shooters and socialites), in fact, the more the better. Lunch would be a BBQ with the normal trimmings etc.

If I get a reasonable return of interest I'll start pulling it together and further details will follow.

So, if you fancy bothering some birds then add your name to the thread and we'll make a day of it.

MWA

2. msr

msr LE

3. Bit far for me but best of luck with it!

4. Cheers MSR, had a read and taken on board. It's just the one day and hopefully people will be up for it. We'll see.

Come on Ex Stab - I think I owe you a beer or two :D

5. I could be interested, do I need paperwork relating to firearms or is it open to all?? Also need dates and times nearer the event.

6. I'd be up for that. I live local to ATR Pirbright/Bisley and I have my own toys etc.

7. I'd be interested, depending on date/cost. I also know a couple of sensible civvy mates that would be interested.

8. Hi Saint. I guess you will need a licence for the Shotguns you'd be bringing. It's deffo open to all though!

9. Bit of a noob, MWA, just fancied doing some shooting, if not, will have to be a socialite and make sure that the bar is open all day.

10. Saints, you don't need a licence to shoot, only for your own guns.

It'd be good to catch up with you again. I did a bit of clay in NI, I was useless!! Give me a rifle though.....

11. No guns, just the wish to annihilate something rather than get annihilated, be good to catch up, mate. Plus, you have sensible mates?????

12. Sorry Saint, totally agree with Smudge. Come along and use a spare gun; I have two so you're more than welcome.

13. Very few!

14. Cheers, just let me know when.