Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Dale the snail, Feb 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is it that there are 121 (at the time of typing) members on line at the moment, and only 5 people in chat?

Are people scared of it? Contrary to popular belief, it is not an exclusive club. There are rooms set up so that if you want to talk Techy Geek stuff, you can; if you want to sit in The Mess, you can; sit in The Lounge and drink cocktails (or watch telly); talk Current Affairs (I shan't be there); and I have no idea what the Hollywood room is all about.

It's not just for the old and bold, it's for anyone who wants to talk complete shite, ask questions (you might not get the right answer - but hey), abuse people, and generally chit chat about nothing (unless you use one of them dead clever rooms).

Yes, you might get abuse, but think of it as a normal NAAFI bar. It goes with the flow. If you don't like it you can leave.

P.S. I am not always nasty to newbies.

Sluggy xxx

P.P.S. It's your round.
  2. I blame Second Life, Dale - it has killed chat and it's too complicated for me to get to grips with :(
  3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Sluggs, we've have all discovered the virtual world of Second Life (not that I spent too much time in normal chat), 3D chat with additions. The OCs have opened a part of the forum specific...
  4. My life is over.

Goodbye Cruel World. I will die, with my dial-up, and lack of computer skills.

Say goodbye to Belle Vale for me xxx
  5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Ahhh Dale, come on Broadband is cheap these days????
  6. Broadband? In the sticks? You must be joking.
  7. People will soon get bored of second life, and come back to chat. I have a bad enough time in the real world, let alone walting around in some made up one
  8. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Someone with over 1500 posts is hardly in a position to comment about people wasting their time in a virtual world! What do you think ARRSE is? Reality?

It's just an extension of the same thing. In arse you have a username that isn't real. In something like second life you have an 'avatar' that isn't real. You access both through your PC. You use both for interaction with people who aren't real, but virtual representations of themselves. I know it's a hard thing to accept, but you've already made the leap to virtual geek-dom by using this site regularly. 3D versions are no different - accept it!
  9. What else am I meant to do at work?
  10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Fair point. My god - I just read my post. That was a real soap box speech you just sparked off. Sorry. Time to go back to what I should be doing!
  11. Your second life?
  12. whenever i try to go in chat i just get a blank page! Is it my firewall d'you reckon!And last time i went in you called me a SCH Dale so yes i did avoid it for a while!!
  13. Is it because you are plump?
  14. quite possibly...i can't get my arse through the door! I shall just sit outside with Pentwyn and shout through the windows!!!
  15. You'll be okay if you bring your golden arrows Paula :thumright: