ARRSE Battlefield Tour

oldbaldy

LE
Well, after the success of Ypres where next & when.

Suggestions so far are:

The Somme
Normandy

Any more?

oldbaldy

LE
Agreed.
But you can stick your Asian Empire cards where the sun don't shine. :D

oldbaldy said:
Agreed.
But you can stick your Asian Empire cards where the sun don't shine. :D
Yeah fcuker billed my credit card for 300 euros and not the 220 my bill was. :x

I'm up for wherever the next one is, although not having been to Normandy that would be my choice.

Presented us with a drinks bill that had room 34 penned out and room 12 added diet cokes etc needless to say we told him were to get off!

on another note how much did we get in the tin?

ticklishrodent said:
Presented us with a drinks bill that had room 34 penned out and room 12 added diet cokes etc needless to say we told him were to get off!

on another note how much did we get in the tin?
That would be my bill then, in room 35. Just over 83 euros in the tin.

oldbaldy

LE

oldbaldy

LE
I would be happy to go back & I would also be happy with The Somme, we just need to throw some ideas around to get a broad view.

I can give tours of Arnhem/Oosterbeek that would knock your socks off,if your prepared to walk a lot? Oh and im also working towards my guild badge (guild of battlefield guides)

Being out of work now, ive the time :)

Never been to Normndy, so that is my favourite, but I am up for anywhere else too. The Somme would be good as a follow up to Ypres.

oldbaldy

LE
Phil & Steve from my group would be up for the Somme.
Haven't asked Howard but I suspect him as well.

I guess the weight of opinion seems to favour the Somme. Good enough for me, I'm in.

Picardy would be an ideal follow on from Ieper.

We were in the RBL Ieper on Sunday night and we can square away Ieper barracks for E4 per night and a breakfast for E1.50. Sleeping bag etc. required.

We can drop down to the Somme from there. It's still in it's infancy though so bear with me.

Let me sort out the Headley Court trip to Brooklands and the Watercress line real ale trip and I will be pushing for Picardy around September.

We were in the RBL Ieper on Sunday night and we can square away Ieper barracks for E4 per night and a breakfast for E1.50. Sleeping bag etc. required.

We can drop down to the Somme from there. It's still in it's infancy though so bear with me.

Let me sort out the Headley Court trip to Brooklands and the Watercress line real ale trip and I will be pushing for Picardy around September.