ARRSE & Bad CO in Defence Focus Magazine (MoD publication)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Active_Edge_841, Feb 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With not a lot to do I sat down in my comfy chair & started flicking through the ton of MoD publications that appear in RHQ on a monthly basis. It was then that I noticed the revamped March 2007 edition of 'Defence' Focus.

Come on Bad CO, how much did you get for the interview? :thumright:

Anyone else seen it?

One & a half pages on ARRSE, Rum Ration, et al.

If I get to a scanner tomorrow I'll post it on here, unless someone beats me to it.

Edited by Edgey: Due to being in possesion of sausage fingers.

2. Just a thought, but are you sure he wants all that made public?

3. Not sure if asking how much he got paid the right question to ask, but surely mentioning something that is public domain is not a problem?

4. Was just wondering how 'public' the MOD publication is.

5. Public-ish:

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/InDepth/DefenceFocus.htm

6. To be quite honest, there's nothing in the write up that could do any harm to Bad CO in a public forum. The interview was given with his blessing from what I can gather.

Quite obviously asking how much he got paid is meant to be tongue in cheek.

No doubt Bad CO will add his thoughts to this thread.

Awol, I’m hardly going to put anything out of a MoD publication in a public forum that is either:

Restricted
    Confidential
    Secret
    Top Secret

7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

LINK TO ARTICLE?

8. I can't find it :(

9. I know that mate, and I wasn't suggesting you would. I was just thinking that there is a subtle difference between being recognised 'in-house' and having your fizzog accessable on a site that is getting a million hits a month (or whatever it is now).

No offence intended.

10. There is nothing really that could let anyone who is even 'in-house' know the identity of Bad CO. He has wisely played his cards close to his chest regarding his true identity. If there had been any details that would have given away the true identity of Bad CO, I would have not started this thread.

Think about it though, Bad CO would hardly give away any personal information in an interview about ARRSE in an MoD publication, especially information that could possibly reveal his true identity. Rest assured he remains anonymous throughout.

All that is revealed is his Christian name & a rough idea of where he lies within the Chain of Command. Both parts I shall edit.

However, before I place the article I shall await the nod from the man himself.

11. At the risk of incurring a Wah, surely if Bad CO doesn't like the idea, he can either a) say so himself, or b) remove any post that idents him.

12. Bad CO, I never had you down as a "Deborah".

Are you breaking them in for Shergar?

13. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

As far as I'm aware Defence Focus has nil security classification and I'm pretty sure its meant to be distributed to industry etc. Yet another reason why I was unwilling to let them know too much ......

I was pretty happy with the article and have already said so to the lady who interviewed me/wrote it. Unfortunately I don't appear to have received my vast cheque yet .... and in fact they didn't even stand me a cup of coffee from the nasty machines in Main Building!

Nice to see some sort of semi-official recognition though - perhaps the most interesting quote was from the AD of Defence PR......

On that later point - we look forward to hearing from you and would be quite happy to create an official MOD user. I'm sure that ARRSErs would love to hear the official line on many of the points that are discussed daily on here.

14. Come on Deborah, tell us what you REALLY think.

15. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Hmm ... not guilty ..... everyone knows what I look like anyway.