ArrowCard.

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by The 13th Duke of Wybourne, May 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When I signed up in the 80's I had a NAFFI Budget card, back in the days when they used to put your number on it. Then swapped it for the Warrior Card, and now the Arrow card. So in all, I have had the card and its forbeares for nearly 20 years.

My limit is 3k and I am due to be married in September, So I called Arrow, and asked for a limit increase. They advised me as I am no longer a regular serving service man (left in 96) they would not be able to do this, and they would not be re issuing me a new card when this one expires in July.

Is it just me or is this just a load of bollox.? What kind of credit card company takes a card back from a loyal customer after all this time?. My card is and has always been run in a perfect manor.

Unbelieveable!

2. Don't beat yourself up about it, there are other cards out there offering better rates, especially drawing cash instead of using it to pay for goods!

3. Typical APR of 20.9%????

That's taking the fcuking piss when you consider the Virgin Credit Card is 15.9%.

Don't waste your money-change to a better provider.

Forces Financial-how the hell are you going to justify this one then??? :roll:

Have a look here for a far better rate.

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/cards/credit_card.asp

4. This is worth looking at as well. Check the interest, now look at the minimum payment. So in effect, the balance would always go up if you only ever paid the minimum amount each month.

[​IMG]

5. Matelot
    Forces Financial did not purchase the existing ArrowCard book when it bought the NAAFI Financial business from Close Brothers Group. As a consequence ArrowCard continues to be part of the Close Brothers Group.

Forces Financial is a trading name of Stuart Harvey Insurance Brokers Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registration number 301858. Registered Office: Globe House, 24 Turret Lane, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1DL

6. Even so, Arrow card/Close Bothers are still a bunch of bellends. Or am I the bigger bigger Bellend for using the card. Im sure if it was a NAFFI card like in the old days I would not be asked to give it back after nearly 20 years.

7. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

You said it!
    Get yourself a decent card.

8. Anyone got their phone number lost my card and wish to settle up and close account

9. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Don't pay it they'll soon be in touch :)